Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Some 398 yard shooting today

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  6547 
#1 ·
Nice day. Wind 1-5 @ 7 o'clock.
Cz 452 olh with 10x scope.
Fed 510, Aquila hv and Aquila sv

The scope was adjusted 15 mils up from a 50 yard zero.

Using a 3 mil holdover 9 shot grouped 13 inches.

Using a 4 mil holdover and Aquila hv it put 7 shots into 14". 1 went 1 1/2 ' higher then rest while a couple went off bottom of the target which was about 2 inches lower than the group.

The target was about 4' tall. I usually have to go up 3 mils to hit at 200 so I held over 4,5,6 and 7 mils high. About 6 shots and never hit it. Probably went low.

#3 ·
Pretty cool that you can shoot that far. :) I've been shooting out to 350 yards. I've needed to add 15 to 17 MIL total up from a 50 yard zero using std velocity ammo. My calculations indicate I would need 20 MIL or more at around 400 yards with my gun and ammo.

Do you have a chronograph to see what velocity your ammo is doing and then go to one of the online charts to get a better idea?

Good luck. It's a lot of fun when you start connecting regularly. ;)

#4 ·
No chrono. They say rimfire ammo is inconsistent especially with cheaper brands. Federal 510 has always worked great in the cz. I try not to get that technical with rimfire as it would take the fun out of it.

I may get a 16x for lr. Should help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.