Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Anschutz 1411 Value

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Thomasconnor 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I spoke to seller today and original buyer might renig on offer, so I threw $1,500 offer out there and was told if original guy didn’t come through that I could have it at that price. My question for you experts is at that price is this model worth it or am I overpaying for the gun?

#5 ·
I spoke to seller today and original buyer might renig on offer, so I threw $1,500 offer out there and was told if original guy didn't come through that I could have it at that price. My question for you experts is at that price is this model worth it or am I overpaying for the gun?
FYI it is an older model, probably pre-1964 me personally wouldn't pay that much.
and in fact would wait for something newer.
my reasons, single extractor model bolt. if it was 1969-1974 I would probably pay as much as $1200 the scope is meaningless to me as I wouldn't keep it anyway

Lee

#6 ·
I spoke to seller today and original buyer might renig on offer, so I threw $1,500 offer out there and was told if original guy didn't come through that I could have it at that price. My question for you experts is at that price is this model worth it or am I overpaying for the gun?
I went through close to the same thing as you on the rifles he has for sale.i Even have a thread on here like yours. He said the same thing to me. Real world the gun is worth 750 to 900. I shop around and got one for 650 no scope though. But a 1411 that old will not compete at benchrest

#4 ·
You have offered to buy it for $1500, the seller has accepted based on the first buyer backing out. Offer+ acceptance makes the value of the rifle $1500.00.

An item is valued at what a willing buyer and willing seller will agree on, neither of them being under any duress.

Sounds to me like your rifle is worth $1500.00.:bthumb:

#10 ·
I may be way out of date on prices, but for a 1407 (verified, not a barreled action in a different stock) I'd offer around 1,000 to 1,200 tops. if condition was less than positive I might even offer 800. Remember how old these are and parts break. While they (1400's) may not be as hard to find parts for as the (1600's series?) it's still an Anschutz part and worth something. Look for an original butt plate for a 1413 or palm rest.
Also, many 1400's have been imported from Europe. There they were quite often used in clubs and had the heck shot out of them. When they started to lose accuracy and repair was cost prohibitive the club sold them off.
Of course, I bought mine new as a junior shooter and the FFL sold it to me for $7 over his invoice as an incentive for a young shooter to join in the fun. ($197 still have the receipt from 1971)

#11 · (Edited)
Yep, it's not a 1411. I owned a late model,with the adjustable cheek piece.
..Where are some of these unknowing buyers,willing to overpay, when I'm selling no excuse guns?? (though I honestly feel that I fairly price my stuff and I'm not accustomed as this seller will be, with two guys bowing out.)

1500=1800? I'd want a minty 1811 with accessories....or I'd pay the dif and go for a new Annie.

#13 ·
Not to sidetrack this but what are the models of thise beautiful rifles Thomas? An Anschutz bench rifle is the one gun I keep delaying on buying, maybe I am afraid of getting a bad one and being dissapointed.

I can see getting into a situation like the OP and paying to much as we just don't see many nice Anschutz rifles around here. I am always hesitant about buying online but if I do the trading post would probably be my source. As jnyork said the value is what someone is willing to pay and I have seen people overpay because they feel comfortable with what they are getting and they have the disposable cash to do it. Let's face it, overpaying by $2-300 for some people is just one evening in the bar or out to eat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.