Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

KelTec PMR-30

9K views 39 replies 22 participants last post by  Pdog 
#1 ·
I love this gun!!! Who wouldn't?? A 22WMR that holds 30 rounds and shoots anything I can stuff in the magazines. In a pinch, I would have no problems using this semi-auto in a home defense scenario, especially since I have a total of 3 magazines. If you have never had the chance to shoot one, and the opportunity presents itself, don't hesitate to do so!! I just wish the ammo was not so expensive!!

See less See more
#8 ·
I have a pmr-30 and it's a great handgun for sure. Some people report feeding problems with theirs, but mine has been problem free. What it lacks in looks it sure makes up in performance, and 30 rounds of 22wmr is some potent stuff. I have an OWB kydex holster for mine and it great for walking in the woods or exploring trails, or just general range visits.

#10 ·
I think KelTec, and some other manufacturers, hurt themselves by announcing a gun way in advance of wide availability, with help from the gun press. These were unobtainium for some time, and the few available for purchase had a hefty markup. Two years later the gun may be easier to find, but a lot of the initial enthusiasm has abated.

#13 ·
I've had one for quite awhile they're a great little gun. Mine feeds with 100% reliability if I keep the mags loaded to only 27rnds instead of 30. Sounds kind of funny to read, only 27, considering 27 rnds of non stop shooting in one mag is still a lot and two mags will burn through one box of ammo lickity split.

I have a PMR30 and a FN Five Seven. The FN cost three times what the KelTec did and I'd rather shoot the KelTec PMR30 because the trigger is MUCH better. The trigger in the FN five seven's suck and if you think 22mag ammo is expensive go check out 5.7x28 ammo.

My only complaint with the PMR30 is I can't shoot it suppressed and they are LOUD so it would be nice if I could.

#14 ·
PMR 30

I download my mags as well, used to do 27 or 28 rounds reliably but eventually dropped to 25 since it's a nice round number and most of my ammo comes in 50 round boxes.

Mine seems to run better with a See All optic (2 oz), even after break in the 2nd or 3rd round wouldn't always chamber if I were running 29 or 30 rounds but the lightest push would send the slide home before I mounted an optic. After that, it always chambered.

#17 ·
My wife loves hers!
Of everything we have to shoot, my wife's favorite is our PMR30. She loves that it makes a big BANG but has very small recoil and she likes the trigger too.

I recently ordered an "All IN ONE BUNDLE" from M CARBO, should have it this week, that comes with a SS feed ramp, adj. trigger for pre and over travel, as well as a few other parts and pieces to enhance the PMR30. I don't really have any issues with mine but I'm always up for improving things so only time will tell if it was money well spent or money wasted.

#19 ·
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, skin deep, transitory, etc....

I just got one of these, and after a really fun day at the range, i like it, a lot.

And my axiom is , homely girls are more appreciative of the attention, and that makes them much more pleasant to be with, than pretty girls who think they are princesses.

My first wife was a 10, that lasted six months, my second wife is an 8, and thats lasted 40 years strong and happy. Shes far more interested in others than her self.
And I couldnt be happier :p

#20 ·
I love my PMR30 and CMR 30. They both function the best with CCI Maxi Mags 40Gr RN.

To answer the question about optics on the PMR. Yes weight matters. I first tried an aluminum RMR mount and a Swampfox Kingslayer optic. This combo was too heavy. My PMR would start to have FTF issues once I got to the 5th or 6th magazine. The Swampfox Kingslayer weighs 1.4 ounces with the battery and mounting screws plus the weight of the mount.

I have since switched to a RMSc polymer mount and a Sig Romeo Zero optic. Total weight of the optic and mount is right at 0.65 ounces. I haven't had any issues with this setup even as the gun gets dirty.

#23 ·
Finally received my 500 round order from CCI. Placed it at the end of May and was beginning to wonder it it got "Lost In The Mail"....LOL I must admit, they wrap and label it so you don't know it came from them. It even came with a nice little sticker. I know I paid too much but there was none to be found in any gun store or sporting goods store around, and believe me I looked. I look forward to trying these in my Ruger American Bolt Rifle as well.

#39 ·
PMR 30

have had one for a few years. It has been nothing but trouble. I have had it sent back 2 times,and it stilll has problems. The other thing is that heel magazine disconnect. My hand hits it when firing and releases the mag,.
I had mine sent back 2 times as well. Also have the heel of my hand releasing the mag. I Finally decided to drop the money on a McCarbo mag release. That did the trick for me.

#26 ·
You must have huge hands to have the mag. fall out ?? I have large hands and never have had your problem , for fun i tried to hold the grip lower to make it release the mag. with no luck . Mine works so well, it shoots to point of aim , fires completely full mags. 100%of the time .

#32 ·
I know this is a little late to the party but I was considering getting one of these instead of the sig p322....I sold my taurus tx22 today so so something has to fill that slot.....Wonder if I'll regret it....and its $499 at academy for an all black one......I'll probably buy the p322 even if i buy a pmr30

#31 ·
I will say over the last few years Kel-Tek has gotten better. I have a CMR30 and the trigger is almost match quality. Very little creep and a clean break every time at about 2.5 pounds untouched by me. I can't stand all these lawyer safe triggers that break at 9 to 15 pounds that isn't helping with safety or accuracy in my eyes. You can't properly protect your family with a firearm if you can't squeeze the trigger with out a come-along.

#38 ·
That's a very good price, I have two one with a red dot, so far no problems but I've not shot it a lot.

This one I picked up at a Pawn shop with 4 magazines and 1000 rounds of mixed .22wmr ammo for $450 about five years ago, not sure it had ever been fired.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.