Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

1999/2000 10/22 Stainless Walmart Special

4K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  buckweet 
#1 ·
NIB in box (box in poor condition but rifle is primo), two magazines but missing the factory scope base. $220 plus tax, got home and I've got a Que'd stainless barrel just hanging around waiting for a home. A good day. Rifle was still in the factory plastic bag and it appears the anodizing is a bit discolored from that.

#3 · (Edited)
They are very nice rifles and several have been entered here in SuperStock.

gmd1950 is always coming up with SOMETHING interesting:D:bthumb: He regularly makes me jealous of the rifles he buys :eek::eek::D

When you say "anodizing" what do you mean? Very few parts of a 10/22 are anodized these days:confused: If you mean the receiver they have not been anodized in many years. They are finished with some kind of painted matter like GunKote or Cerrakote.

A funny story:

My buddy 40calcritter just did a beautiful job of GunKoting a receiver and trigger group and other parts in Satin Black (matches the factory finish well). Too bad he was SUPPOSED to GunKote it SILVER!!:eek::eek::D

He did it for our friend that is a 93 year old gunsmith that does they nicest bluing I have seen. Traditional hot bluing with the nasty hot salt bath. He did my Feddersen barrel and it is pretty. Amazing guy was a Marine in WWII in the Pacific and did several of the famous amphibious landings, was a LEO after the War. Was elected Sheriff of two different counties. Played Guitar and mandolin in several country bands including Granpa Jones and Little Jimmie Dickens...his wife made him quit touring:D I have heard two of his CDs and he was very good. Still about 6'3" and straight as a rod and a very firm handshake and very quick witted. First started working on guns as a company armorer in WWII while in the Marines and has been ever since. The day he called me his friend was a very proud moment for me!!:eek::eek:

We should all be so lucky to have a life so well lived.:bthumb::D

#5 · (Edited)
The ones we do with GunKote are very nice. It is amazing if you know what you are doing. Here is one that is at least 5 years old. A bit dirty but that is my fault:

Another. The finish is nice enough you can see reflections of the top of the stock and the scope mounts:

#7 ·
I really need to get some photos up but the two bulged discs are winning right now, bear with me I've also got the Kidd tapered barrel build completed and I've very please with how its turned out.

#9 · (Edited)
Man looking at that stuff makes me queasy. I almost fell on ice two days ago and flailing around trying to skate I make it the 8-10 feet to the fence W/O falling. Been sore as heck ever since and last night it settled in my neck. Pain meds will not stop it (they must be helping but you can't prove it by me). Drove to Nashville today in horrible weather/road conditions without being able to turn my head more than a few degrees. I felt like a road hazard.

More than once I have looked at my Xrays and got very light headed or queasy stomach.

Gerald I hope they can fix you up. Nobody deserves this crap. Not meaning to put you in any such category or even close but I would not wish this on my worst enemy. Until someone has dealt with spinal injuries they just can not understand.

My passed buddy Daniel Boone used to rag on me about taking pain pills. Then he got got hurt and was taking more than I was after 30 years of this and I reminded him "Dan you just can't live on pain meds"

He looked at me sheepishly and said "Yeah Vince I was a real Dumb **** when I used to tell you that, I had no idea what you must have been going through".

Till you have been there it is impossible to understand how bad it can get. My ex wife used to comment on how it changes a person. She meant for the better like not being so judgmental and being understanding of other people's trials.

She was right.

Positives and Negatives in every situation Lao Tsu taught us in the Tao Te Ching.....The Human Condition was one thing he called it. Sometimes it is hard to see the positives but they are there....somewhere:rolleyes::D:eek::eek:

If we did not laugh we may have to cry.

Hang in there Gerald:):t:t

#8 ·
I'm with Vincent:

''gmd1950 is always coming up with SOMETHING interesting He regularly makes me jealous of the rifles he buys ''......:eek:

:yeahthat:

Your a Blessed man Gerald:t

God Bless America:F
:ices_angepipestone

#13 · (Edited)
Wow, glad I noticed your posts...time to get those photos up.

This is what happens when you stay in acquisition mode all the time, sort of sad. Never installed the Que'd barrel, thin just looks right
with the 22" barrel to me, need to shoot it and about 30 others for that matter.

Found a really good Neurosurgeon who has fixed me up great for now at least,
worth every penny.

#14 ·
good looking 22"

yours has the gray trigger group and the same receiver finish, BUT you have the silver stainless barrel finish, mine is the dark, dull pewter finish. just finished mounting a vintage NIB JAPAN Tasco 4x32 . I have a long neck and the stock comb is low for me, so I went with a tall set of see through dovetail rings. perfect, fits me well and I don't have to "hunker" my face down to get a good sight picture. man, I am a real fan of these older Tasco scopes, 30/30 reticule and real bright and clear. range trip soon. WOW, $140. 10/22 22" and a $10.00 e-bay scope bargain.i AM a happy camper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.