Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

CZ 527 17 Hornet Magazines

5K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  carbonbased 
#1 ·
I have a new to me CZ 527 in 17 Hornet. It should take the newer magazines, but I can't find them anywhere.

Any ideas where I can buy a few?

thanks

#8 ·
I called CZ and ordered two for the 22 Hornet. The person who answered said its the same magazine. I asked why two different product numbers and he replied it was too confusing to have one product number fitting two rifles of different calibers.

#11 · (Edited)
:bthumb:

Also for those interested in a single shot magazine. I just ordered one from Weapons Depot. https://www.weapondepot.com/p/26122/

I can't give any feed back on them as I've never used one. I chose this over the Calhoun single shot magazine because it was cheaper and easier to order. Calhoun you need to call and figure out the shipping. He was open Mon-Fri. only. His product looks good but I don't think the squirrels I'm shooting care.

#12 ·
I would be careful, depending on what your serial number is. From the CZ site, here is:

17 Hornet: 13019 for SERIAL NUMBERS HIGHER THAN B3xxxxx

Compare with the NEW 22 hornet mag, 13011

I didn't compare the sides, as just looking at the tops give me pause. I think the 17 hornet mag got changed, and will work in 22 hornets, but the 22 hornet mags might have problems in NEWer 17 Hornet guns.

At least that's what I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.