RimfireCentral.com Forums - View Single Post - Weaver 40/44 Series 6.5-20X44 for Silhouette?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 06:05 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
There aren't really any "good" options for Silhouette on the market right now and definitely not in your budget range.

How much magnification do you want/need? The Weaver V-16 and V-24 scopes both have good glass, excellent elevation/windage mechanics, and spot-on AO. But each has a few negatives that make neither perfect for Silhouette...

V-16 has 1/4 MOA adjustments (good for what we do) but the reticle choices aren't the best for Silhouette.

V-24 has 1/8 MOA adjustments (more than one revolution on the way up to Rams) but their "Varminter" fine-duplex reticle is a decent option for Silhouette.

That being said, I have a V-16 that I had sent in to Weaver some years back and had them put in the Varminter reticle so I could get the best of both worlds, albeit at 16X max magnification.

I now shoot at 24X to 30X on my rifles so the scope sits idle. I would be willing to sell it to you for under the $350 budget. Send me a PM/email if you're interested and we can work it out.

Last edited by acorneau; 02-12-2020 at 06:08 AM.