19K views 53 replies 40 participants last post by  Four52 shooter 
#1 ·
I need a red dot for my 22/45
Pleas give me some info on
Dot size, and brand .

Thanks[emoji106] [emoji106]

Sendt fra det mørke Jylland. Denmark

#33 ·
Depends on the intended use. I bought a Fastfire III for a Buckmark. Intended to use for Steel Challenge. I found the window too small and the 3MOA dot not as easy to pick up. Changed out to an 8MOA C-More for that.

Now for plinking and such, the FFIII is a real winner. Just put together a MKIV with a VQ upper and mounted the Fastfire to it. The FFIII weighs basically nothing, easy to adjust, holds zero well, and the 3MOA dot is pretty solid for more precision. I was drilling 3" spinner targets off bags from 75yds with it today. 3 intensity settings and an automatic. If I want to be more precise, I go to the dimmest setting and the dot seems tiny. Hard to see depending on lighting at that level, but if you can see it, you can hit nearly anything. Have also had it on a 10-22 as well, and again, weighs like 1oz and is precise as can be. The one thing I did notice is when it was on my Buckmark, I had it mounted over the ejection area, and spent brass have dinged the crap out of the bottom mount and deformed it a little. Made sure not to put it in that location again after finally noticing.

Bought a DeltaPoint Pro today that will go on the FrankenRuger, but it was pricey, then more pricey to buy a mount, and I only got it because I had a lot of Cabelas points to put towards it.

#39 ·
I really depends on the use you intend. For me, I use my pistol for bullseye target shooting, so I got a Matchdot II from Ultradot. It's got a variable dot size (2-8 MOA) which I generally set to 2 or 4 MOA. It's great for my intended usage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

#40 ·
Fastfire III for me also. I had an aimpoint clone on my Mark III and although it worked great, it just looked too big to me. The Fastfire is more difficult for others to use (neighbors/friends) when we go shoot as they are not used to it but it looks right on the gun and it's easy for me to use.

#48 ·
Don’t have it yet but I am putting a 3moa Vortex Venom on my Lite. Will have No worries hitting. To me the C.More is just Too much of a contraption on a .22 Pistol. They were the rage Years ago for USPSA Open Div when dot choice was Very slim field... now there is Too many good smaller choices. YMMV it’s All good

H

#49 ·
I just replaced an old tube type, red dot, with a 3 MOA Burris fast fair III on my 22/45.
I really like it so far.
Love the light sensing system that adjusts the dot to ambient light for outdoor matches, yet still allows me to adjust manually for a very small dot indoors.
If weight is an issue, the FFIII weighs almost nothing.

#52 · (Edited)
If you are shooting Steel you may want the 6 minute dot instead. It's easier to pick up at the speeds you will be shooting. I find the 3 is very good for Bullseye.

My home made Mamba. Converted my 22/45 Lite to all VQ upgrades. I had to send it back to VQ to have them fix a problem with the magazines not going all the way up but they added a new magazine release and that solved all my problems. 33000 rounds now and it's been working great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.