RimfireCentral.com Forums - View Single Post - Tippmann M4-22 Charging Handle Problem
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2021, 07:09 PM
Av1at0r

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tippmann M4-22 Charging Handle Problem

Howdy, y'all, greetings from the Lone Star State! As the title implies, my first post seeks some assistance with my new Tippmann Arms M4-22 Rifle. But first, a little backstory.

I've owned a Ruger 10-22 for about 40 years, and recently decided to try an AR style .22LR firearm, the S&W M&P15-22. The weapon malfunctioned right out of the box, and I sent it to S&W for a safety-recall replacement of the bolt and a new ejector. In the meantime, I tried both the HK416D 22 LR and the Tippmann, both of which have been much less prone to malfunction.

Based on increasing confidence in the reliability of the Tippmann and my preference for it over the other two firearms, I used it for a competition today and suddenly discovered that whenever a course of fire calls for safeing the rifle with a live round in the chamber (safety on, magazine out, and manually ejecting the round with the charging handle), the extractor fails to remove the round from the chamber.

I've searched for online discussions that might help identify the cause and decided to try the community link on the Tippmann Arms website, which brought me here.

Thanks in advance for any comments and suggestions.

Very respectfully yours,

W.H. "Tosh" McIntosh
LtCol USAF (Ret)