Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Your 1022 Takedown Picture Thread.

197K views 269 replies 158 participants last post by  lazershooter 
#1 ·
Well, you just knew it was going to happen sooner or later. All of the other species of 1022's have their own picture threads so why not have one for the Takedown versions?

Here's your chance to show us your 1022 Takedown rifles and your carry bag contents.

Bone stock, lightly modified, heavily modified or Frankensteined beyond all recognition.....we want to see 'em all!

Show us your stocks, show us your scopes, show us your slings, show us your sights. Show us the stash you carry in your Takedown bag and any other accessories and modifications with which you have tricked out your Takedowns.

Come on, we know you got 'em so let's see 'em!

#175 ·
Any one know more about this mount for the TD Mag Pull back Packer stock?

I would like to use one, but unsure how much work to fit to other stocks... I assume re leave the material where the mount wraps the barrel. I have a PMACA stock on my TD, so in my case this is metal/Aluminum removal.

I know the mount replaces the take down "linkage".

Pica of the stock whee this mount goes would be awesome!

CW

#176 ·
I have one, but not installed because I'm still patiently waiting for my Tac Sol barrel to get to the house (and for me to get there, too).

I've seen someone (on FRC, I think)modify a Houge forend to fit the Magpul optic mount. What you're trying to do I'm sure is very possible, it just seems time consuming.

Good luck and happy shooting!!

#178 ·
Here is my setup at the moment. Ruger Charger Takedown with Copper CUSTOM Brace, Atlas Style Bipod w/ Forgrip, 6" Muzzle Brake, UTG Bugbuster Scope w/ side AO, Caldwell Pic Rail Adapter. Waiting on my Magpul Overmolded Stock and Matching Grip set. Will be here tomorrow. Planning on buying Kidd Black Bolt with Black Charging Handle, Kidd Drop in trigger job kit, Brimstone Gunsmithing Extended pull to release Magazine handle. And a sling Machine gun Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel
Machine gun Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel
Machine gun Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel

Attachments

#180 ·
I had to "loose" my PMACA stock as CT now finds it offensive with its reassessment of the current regulations. GRRR

SO I picked up a Mag-Pull TD and WOW I really like it alot! I also go the site mount that I always wanted to go with it.

I am waiting on my KAW linear Comp for the barrel. I need to find a tall front site that will regulate with the rear peep.

CW

#182 · (Edited)
TacSol X-Ring TD in Gun Metal Gray

Picked up the receiver yesterday, from my LGS. The stock showed up via UPS yesterday as well.

FedEx delivered the barrel today.

Waiting on a new Tier 1 trigger group from Brimstone, so I borrowed the trigger out of my LVT, to get shooting.

Once the iron sights were adjusted, I was able to consistently hit an 8" steel plate, offhand, at 40yds.

Just finished firing about 180 rounds through it, then took these pics, when it started to rain.

Once I get it all dialed in, I'll try and give a decent range report on it.

GMGTacSolTD

GMGTacSolTD

GMGTacSolTD

GMGTacSolTD

#185 · (Edited)
An updated version of my 50th Anniversary Edition with the Ruger fully suppressed barrel and the Nikon 3-7x32mm MK1-MOA Tactical Rimfire Scope. Super quiet and fun to shoot! 👍

Attachments

#187 ·
https://www.ocabj.net/brownells-not-a-ruger-10-22-takedown-rifle-project/

• Brownells 10/22 Takedown receiver - BRN-22TR
  • Ruger complete bolt assembly - B-10C
  • Ruger 10/22 receiver cross pin (x2) - B-5
  • Ruger 10/22 receiver bolt stop pin - B-46
  • Ruger 10/22 clocking handle, guide rod, and recoil spring assembly - B-48A
  • Tactical Solutions X-Ring Takedown Bull barrel (quicksand) - 1022TD-QS
  • KIDD Single Stage Trigger Unit (1.5lb with Speed/Long magazine release lever)
  • Magpul X-22 Backpacker stock (flat dark earth) - MAG808
  • Volquartsen head head takedown screw - VC10D
  • Volquartsen Exact Edge extractor for 10/22 - VC10EE

Topped it off with a Primary Arms 2MOA Advanced Micro Red Dot sight.

#235 ·
Brownells (Not a Ruger) 10/22 Takedown Rifle Project

• Brownells 10/22 Takedown receiver - BRN-22TR
  • Ruger complete bolt assembly - B-10C
  • Ruger 10/22 receiver cross pin (x2) - B-5
  • Ruger 10/22 receiver bolt stop pin - B-46
  • Ruger 10/22 clocking handle, guide rod, and recoil spring assembly - B-48A
  • Tactical Solutions X-Ring Takedown Bull barrel (quicksand) - 1022TD-QS
  • KIDD Single Stage Trigger Unit (1.5lb with Speed/Long magazine release lever)
  • Magpul X-22 Backpacker stock (flat dark earth) - MAG808
  • Volquartsen head head takedown screw - VC10D
  • Volquartsen Exact Edge extractor for 10/22 - VC10EE

Topped it off with a Primary Arms 2MOA Advanced Micro Red Dot sight.

Nice rifle/write-up/review!

I have a similar set up with a factory Ruger receiver, Kidd trigger, and stock. I used the Magpul x-22 scope mount and it is a great little shooter.