RimfireCentral.com Forums - View Single Post - Winchester and Browning 52 Re-issue database
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 07:41 PM
kixonrt66
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Sticky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibboatin28 View Post
We need to make this a "sticky" in the 52 section.
I agree. Here is the information on my six rifles

#1. Browning standard barrel serial number 00489NZ496, satin finished wood, purchased used in 2009. This rifle does not have a forend screw as is typical of the Browning marked rifles. This is an early rifle with a serial number under 500. With original box, papers, Browning marked magazines, Browning marked Burris scope bases, etc. Made 1991.

#2. Winchester standard barrel serial number 10NR802267 satin finished wood, purchased used in 2010. This rifle has the forend screw. This rifle has spectacular fiddle back wood. Some have said that it may be a special order rifle with upgrade wood. I don't know if this is true or even if this was an option on these rifles. One thing for sure, whether the rifle was a special order item or if it was just luck of the draw, the wood on this example is spectacular and highly unusual. With original box, papers, Burris scope bases, etc. Made 1997.

#3. Winchester standard barrel serial number 10NP800472, satin finished wood. This rifle has the forend screw. Purchased used in 2011. This is also an early rifle from the NP series with a serial number under 500. With original box, papers, Leupold scope bases, etc. Made 1998.

#4. Winchester Heavy Barrel special order rifle from the Zander's run, serial number 10NP801870. Gloss finish wood, heavy barrel variant, grooved and D&T'd action, no forend screw. Purchased used in 2011. Recessed barrel crown, slightly more polished barrel and action, deep blue, original papers only, no box. Rifle came with Weaver scope bases but these have been changed to Burris bases. Made 1998.

#5. Winchester standard barrel serial number 10NP801312 satin finished wood. This rifle has the forend screw. Purchased near the end of 2012 from and individual. Rifle came with original box, papers, magazine, lock, etc. Mint condition. Made in 1998.

#6. Winchester standard barrel serial number 10NR800018 satin finished wood. This rifle has the forend screw and has a very early serial number for the NR series. Purchased in April of 2013 from a local gun shop. The rifle is unfired, in the original box with papers and magazine. Mint condition. Made in 1997.

Well folks, there is my 52 Re-issue stable. Add your info when you can so that we can create this database.

Kix

Last edited by kixonrt66; 04-05-2013 at 11:53 AM.