RimfireCentral.com Forums - View Single Post - Best .22LR for 100 yrs.
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 08:19 PM
jpickar

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaia View Post
I make it a point to watch for these detail oriented discussions.
The study related links are the best parts. Only one minor detail to point out.
Sadly enough, no manufacturer sells anything but bulk hi v 22lr.
We can chase the math and offer opinions as to how and why our results are what they are,
but without decent hi v 22lr capable of consistent mv's and having symmetric bullets
none of the arguments can be tested one way or another.
If a rooster lays an egg on the peak of the roof with the earth rotating east and the wind blowing north,
which way will the egg roll......Roosters don't lay eggs and there isn't any match quality hi v 22lr.
Ammunition quality will have more effect on results than the minor differences between SV and Hi V caused by wind drift.
A simple visual inspection of the cartridges and a ballistic chronograph out front defines the problem, quite clearly.

There are several HV ammo brands that aren't bulk. MY favorite current production is CCI mini mag HP. They are very consistent . I have shot this ammo for 50 years. My favorite HV ammo is the Win. Power Points- the first issue with the red and orange boxes. I have the two listed spreads of 18 and 25 fps. Non of the production that was made in the USA is near as good as the first issue made in Australia. I do have almost a case of that left!
This is my best 100 yard target with Win. Power Points. I have shot several expensive brands and types of target ammo and have not come close.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp File0005.bmp (309.8 KB, 17 views)