Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Remington .22 lr HV "Golden Bullets"

845 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  rc. 
#1 ·
Bought 1500 (3 bricks)on sale at Midway for 5 cents each. Getting hot unburned powder back on hands and face - about one out of ten rounds (have shot 600 rounds). Fired in Buckmark with 6" barrel and Ruger rifle. Anyone out there have that problem with the "Golden Bullets"? I guess I'll use for practice and shoot CCI MiniMags in matches.

#2 ·
Oh, this brings back memories! Some of the first ammo I ever tried were the "goldens," and my only regret is that I used them. :rolleyes: Real filthy junk. :eek: If you love your firearm, avoid these, stingers and other crap ammo. If you don't need supersonic ammo to cycle in your Buckmark, look to CCI-SV or SK Pistol Match, Pistol Match Spec. SK ammo is very "clean" and always gets max accuracy out of your pistol. CCI-SV is no more expensive than that junk Remington, so don't let price get in your way to upgrade your ammo IQ. :)

#3 ·
Yeh, they have a tendency to be consistently inconsistent. This causes pressures to be high low and sometimes just right. Never know what you are going to get from one group to the next. Maybe you got a batch with extra glass in the priming compound. Spitting back in your face isn't actually that rare with other brands due to the nature of the blowback action but when you add the inconsistent production you just don't know how golden bullets are going to behave from shot to shot. Revolvers tend to be the worst for shaving lead and spitting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.