Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Bergara BXR

12K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Frank3 
#1 ·
Automotive tire Wood Bicycle part Fender Bumper

Bergara BXR. This has a 10/22 style action with a steel barrel but they make one with a carbon fiber barrel as well. The barrel is lightly fluted and threaded into the receiver. Stock is great and the trigger is awesome and there is 30moa built into the receiver. And the best part, it cost $450. the carbon fiber barrel version is slightly more. Have not shot it yet.

See less See more
#3 ·
View attachment 192863

Bergara BXR. This has a 10/22 style action with a steel barrel but they make one with a carbon fiber barrel as well.
Have you tried to fit any Ruger internals like the bolt or trigger group?

Everybody seems to love 30 MOA, I think it is too much for .22 LR. I wish Ruger's Competition series was only 20 MOA.

Looks like a good value. This company's other rifles are getting good user reviews.

#7 ·
View attachment 192863

Bergara BXR. This has a 10/22 style action with a steel barrel but they make one with a carbon fiber barrel as well. The barrel is lightly fluted and threaded into the receiver. Stock is great and the trigger is awesome and there is 30moa built into the receiver. And the best part, it cost $450. the carbon fiber barrel version is slightly more. Have not shot it yet.
How about some more pics?

How does the stock fee compared to other stocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
We got a couple of the carbon fiber models in the other day. No chance to shoot it. But the fit and feel of the gun is better than I expected.
The trigger is really nice. A lot better than my BX triggers. If I hadn't just built a really nice gun less than a year ago I'd be in trouble (again).
Maybe I can talk the boss into putting one into demo service.
Given the reputation Bergara has for making really good barrels I'd be surprised if it couldn't compete with the aftermarket offerings.

#20 ·
Ruger will never up their game as long as they can sell tens of thousands of $225 rifles to the masses. I don't blame them. Their attempt to sell "Target" rifles is aimed at buyers swayed by the target description. It must be better because it is a target rifle. Successful marketing is more important than a first class product to corporate america!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.