RimfireCentral.com Forums - View Single Post - Kidd Supergrade 1/4" likely?
View Single Post
  #13  
Old 06-09-2019, 12:48 PM
Smoothtrigger's Avatar
Smoothtrigger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

Join Date: 
Oct 2011
Location: 
WA
Posts: 
5,517
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
To answer your question, I would have to say no.

I have a Kidd Supergrade with the screw in 20 inch target barrel in the McMillan stock.
I have shot over 11,000 rounds through it with 85% of them shot at some kind of competition target. The other 15% have been at Steel Challenges.

Has it shot a lot of 1/4 inch or smaller 5 shot groups at 50yds. Yes it has.
It holds the highest position in the 1/2 inch 10/22 game for any stock Kidd Supergrade with 4 back to back 5 shot groups at 50yd with a .226 average.
By the way, I have a long standing rule that I won't shoot more than 100 rounds total at any of these contests. (Couple of exceptions when the targets have 25 or 30 bulls. Then I'll go to as many as 200).


I think I've shot it in the Sawdust Challenge on this forum, but can't find it right now.
I've shot it at USBR targest were it averages in the micd 230's.

What that's telling us is that it's a mid .3 inch rifle on average.

I do have a couple of real 1/4 inch rifles in my Anschutz 1727F-22, and my Anschutz 1416 TH with it's new Benchmark barrel.
Both of those rifles shoot in the 240's on the USBR target, and can consistently like 85%...maybe more of the time shoot sub 1/4 inch 5 shot groups at 50yds..

The Kidd cannot.

So I feel very comfortable telling you that it's solid .3 inch rifle, but not a 1/4 inch one.

Smooth

Last edited by Smoothtrigger; 06-09-2019 at 01:46 PM.
Reply With Quote