Thread: Ruger Mark IV
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 01:21 PM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGW Gunsmith View Post
Very good question. I'm guessing it's more like unintended happenstance. It's difficult to engineer a specific trigger pull weight into any firearm design with the myriad of manufacturing tolerances involved. My WAG for the day, along with long time experience involved with manufacturing, tells me there is more likely a pull-weight range that they try to achieve, rather than some specific edict from the legal department. It will be interesting, as more and more RFC members acquire a Ruger Mark IV, to see what the factory trigger pull weight actually measures.

One thing for sure, as I get them in, I will record the pull weight for my records.
I would have thought that a hunting gun, carried in the field, would want a heavier trigger since an unintended discharge could be far worse than at a range. A Target model is intended (yeah - I know...) for use at a target range, and can have an easier pull since it is FAR more likely to be pointed at a the target, rather than in a belt holster or carried in the hand.

My 52B has a much lighter trigger than my 1885, for just that reason.