Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Archangel Stock

4K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  hutech 
#1 ·
Hi i dont post much, am always browsing here. Has anyone bought the Archangel QBD stock kit yet, curious whery you found it snd how much. thanks Todd/3leg

#5 ·
unless i'm reading the product description incorrectly, this stock is NOT for a Ruger 10/22 Takedown... it is for a 'normal' 10/22 rifle...

i fear that if someone with a Takedown buys this stock there may be some disappointment?

(although it looks like a very nice alternative for regular 10/22 owners to take advantage of the 'backpacker style' Magpul for Takedowns)

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

#6 ·
My takedown went in a magpul x22 backpacker stock. Made a huge difference in accuracy. I ordered the qbd for a regular non-takedown 10-22 that is currently in a folding stock. 27" folded and I wanted to get it closer to the takedown in pack-ability. I did not want to spend another $500 setting up another takedown. From the looks and what I have seen on Utube it will work for a lot less money. Cost me $100.44 shipped.

#11 · (Edited)
I got the QBD today and installed the 10-22. Installation is pretty straight forward and the quality looks good. I ran into a couple of problems with the set up. 1st the LOP is short (12.75") but I knew that from videos. It should fit my wife well which was my intention. 2nd because of the short LOP positioning a scope was problematic. It would not work with my Williams Ace in the Hole so I took it off and installed a pic rail. I used medium rings and had to switch around some scopes because of eye relief. I ended up using a Bushnell Trophy XLT 1.75-4X32 Shotgun scope. The eye bell is over the back of the rail. I could use low rings but I would have to cut the back of the pic rail and lose 1 of the 4 screws. Not a big deal. Seriously considering this as it would lower the scope about 3/16"-1/4". I have to get it to the range and have my wife shoot it before I cut it. She may need the scope set further back. Taken down the gun is 19" with the 18.5" barrel. I am considering cutting the barrel or getting a new 16.5" barrel. Anyone have one they will sell cheap? Cutting would be the cheapest way (free) to go and would bring it down to 18". With the scope and no mags it weighed 5 lb 10 oz. I did notice the barrel rattles when stored. A rubber band or a Velcro strap would fix it. The stock will take a bull barrel.

#13 ·
I have added Kydex risers to stocks before but was hoping not to. I have also attached padded stock bags to increase comb height. I will have to see if I can do that without interfering with the take down. The Federsons are good barrels but not what I want for this rifle. A 16.5" take off would work quite well. It will never see target grade ammo. It is a backpack/survival rifle. Does not even need to be threaded or have sights. She will never use them. Just keep a back up red dot.

#15 ·
We have had a lot of wind so I have not been able to get to the range. I ordered a new 16.5" take off barrel with fiber optic sights from S&P Outfitters. $63 shipped with RFC 5% coupon code. I think I can get both guns into the Ruger Takedown bag. I should be able to clear the irons with the current rings but I dont think I will be able to use the low rings with the 32 mm objective. Wait and see.

#16 ·
I got the new 16.5" barrel yesterday and it was a little tight. A little bit of sanding with 280 carbide brought it down to a good fit. Small problem with the fiber optic rear sight. It sits back of the slot so the barrel will not seat all the way for storage. Will probably have to put in a folding rear sight. I was able to try a few shots on pieces of clay pigeon on the berm of the pistol range at 35 yards. It will be on paper when I get some time on the 50 yard range. It ended up a decent fit for me with the scope forward. I will cut the rail and install lower rings. Might pad the comb with 1/4" foam. It looks like it will be a good shooter.

#19 ·
Just got my QBD assembled with my old 10/22....

I had a backpacker, but I like this better. I didn't want to sink a lot of money into it so I gave up on buying a barrel and took it to a buddy of mine and we chopped and threaded the stock 18" barrel. The final package came out pretty nice. 18" x 9" folded. Fits in a cheap sling pack with plenty of storage for ammo and stuff. Now I need to shoot something with it. Here in Central NC we have nutria so they will be on the target list.

hutech

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.