RimfireCentral.com Forums

RimfireCentral.com Forums (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Offhand Handgun Match (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=503)
-   -   Offhand Handgun Matches Scores and Discussion (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1215419)

zukiphile 04-02-2021 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ynned (Post 12270413)
March scoreboards are up, let me know if you see any errors:
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...1#post12198301
Thanks,
Dennis

Dennis,

Thanks for your work in putting this together.

My 25 yard Iron sight entry is actually in post #105.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zukiphile (Post 12261443)
Summary: Zukiphile- 22/45 - AE HP HV - 199-0X

Ynned 04-02-2021 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zukiphile (Post 12270511)
Dennis,

Thanks for your work in putting this together.

My 25 yard Iron sight entry is actually in post #105.

Sorry about that. I didn't notice you had two entries in that post. Must've been in a hurry. It's fixed now.
Later,
Dennis

zukiphile 04-02-2021 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ynned (Post 12270565)
Sorry about that. I didn't notice you had two entries in that post. Must've been in a hurry. It's fixed now.
Later,
Dennis

Dennis,

I'm new to this online match stuff, but I do have a couple ideas. The Rifle section has quite a history and has benefitted from Bob's great work and attention, but I think this could be streamlined and simplified a bit in the following ways.

1. Are X counts an important part of the score for pistol shooters? Skipping the "-X" five times in reporting scores halves the keystrokes needed to report.

2. What if for each entry, a person reported a summary in bold at the top of his entry? You could even have it reported in blue so uit stands out from other material better.

Zukiphile- 22/45 AE HP HV - 199
*** 25 yard iron sights Entry ***

Just my two cents.

Emagcon 04-02-2021 12:59 PM

Tucson 10 yds iron

4-2-21
228-5x
Emagcon 75
S&W K22
Norma Tac 22
44, 45-1x, 47-1x, 48-3x, 44
Calm, bright sun, 81 degrees, nice day.

Also, 211-3x
S$W mdl 422
40, 44-1x, 43-1x, 43, 41-1x
Pistol is very light weight not forgiving.:confused:

Ynned 04-02-2021 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zukiphile (Post 12270579)
Dennis,

I'm new to this online match stuff, but I do have a couple ideas. The Rifle section has quite a history and has benefitted from Bob's great work and attention, but I think this could be streamlined and simplified a bit in the following ways.

1. Are X counts an important part of the score for pistol shooters? Skipping the "-X" five times in reporting scores halves the keystrokes needed to report.

2. What if for each entry, a person reported a summary in bold at the top of his entry? You could even have it reported in blue so uit stands out from other material better.

Zukiphile- 22/45 AE HP HV - 199
*** 25 yard iron sights Entry ***

Just my two cents.

Zuk,
To be perfectly frank, I've never done any kind of competitive shooting, and don't really understand the purpose of the "X" at all. Why not just have the center ring the next number? I just copied Bob's format because it was easy, he had the entry forms worked out, and many people are familiar with his forms.

The summary at top is a good idea, but I find the biggest help to be the ***10-Yd IRONS ***. Maybe put the summary right below it. I can see right off that's an entry, and it gives me a good place to land the cursor to copy the entry. Maybe I can change that in the entry form in the rules. A separate post for each entry helps also, since the post number is the only way to go back and double check.

Thanks,
Dennis

Rimfire-CA 04-02-2021 02:02 PM

X's

The X count is the tie breaker. If two or more entries have the same scores the one with the most X's wins.

zukiphile 04-02-2021 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rimfire-CA (Post 12270699)
The X count is the tie breaker. If two or more entries have the same scores the one with the most X's wins.

In a real competition, yes. Do we care?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ynned (Post 12270681)
The summary at top is a good idea, but I find the biggest help to be the ***10-Yd IRONS ***. Maybe put the summary right below it. I can see right off that's an entry, and it gives me a good place to land the cursor to copy the entry. Maybe I can change that in the entry form in the rules. A separate post for each entry helps also, since the post number is the only way to go back and double check.

Thanks,
Dennis

That's how I'll do it then. Maybe it catches on.

Bob's entry detail is really for the benefit of each shooter, imo. I doubt that anyone other than the person submitting the entry cares much about it.

In the Rifle subforum, we will rarely commiserate about the low number that ruined an otherwise great entry, or someone will submit an entry because one of the scores was perfect.

Ynned 04-02-2021 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rimfire-CA (Post 12270699)

Ah, it's that simple, then. I can see the reasoning. Not that it's hard to see. :)

Ynned 04-02-2021 03:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by zukiphile (Post 12270701)
In a real competition, yes. Do we care?

That's how I'll do it then. Maybe it catches on.

Bob's entry detail is really for the benefit of each shooter, imo. I doubt that anyone other than the person submitting the entry cares much about it.

In the Rifle subforum, we will rarely commiserate about the low number that ruined an otherwise great entry, or someone will submit an entry because one of the scores was perfect.

It's quite likely he thought that info would be useful, and then it turned out not to be, and he never bothered to change. I think I'll keep it. I'm keeping a text file of each entry, and a spreadsheet of each participant's entries for the month in case several people have multiple entries for the month it should be easy to find the highest score. So far that's proven to be just unnecessary work, but I'll keep it up for a while and see how it goes.

Hmmm... are text files attachable? Yes they are. Is anyone interested in the entry copies? I could add them to the Scoreboard. Here are March's:

Attachment 251537

zukiphile 04-02-2021 03:36 PM

Dennis, I'm a fan of simplicity partly because I think complexity can leave things muddled. I believe that adding additional content to your existing tables will add noise. I think your combination of pistol and ammunition into a single column was a good simplification.

Ynned 04-02-2021 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zukiphile (Post 12270797)
Dennis, I'm a fan of simplicity partly because I think complexity can leave things muddled. I believe that adding additional content to your existing tables will add noise. I think your combination of pistol and ammunition into a single column was a good simplification.

You're right. I'm a notorious violater of the "K.I.S.S." principle.

Gwelo 04-02-2021 08:50 PM

Denny, sent you a pm.
Thanks,
Gwelo

Ynned 04-03-2021 07:51 AM

It has come to my attention that although the system I devised to sort out your high scores works extraordinarily well, I have to actually use it for it to be effective. Hopefully the third time is the charm, but let me know if I missed anything else.
Sheesh!
Dennis

RodJ 04-04-2021 08:24 PM

First two entries

Hope I enter this correctly... I’ve never shot for a score before except one high power match 20 years ago.

Date 4-3-21
Distance 10 yards
Location Indoor range Shoot Point Blank
Name Rod Johnson
Age 58
Pistol Ruger MkII Government Target with JazzSax “treatments”
Sights Ultradot Pan AV Red dot sight
Ammo Eley Target yellow box
Off hand, One handed
40, 46, 41, 52, 38 — 217 0x

Off hand, Two handed
42, 35, 46 1x, 43, 44 — 210 1x

Strange that I always thought two handed would be easier. I did have a brain fart at one point two handed. :rolleyes: Totally missed the scoring ring and have no idea what hit me. This is really fun. Thanks to the organizers and other participants. It’s reenergized the fun in shooting. :bthumb:

Ynned 04-06-2021 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodJ (Post 12273087)
Hope I enter this correctly... I’ve never shot for a score before except one high power match 20 years ago.

Date 4-3-21
Distance 10 yards
Location Indoor range Shoot Point Blank
Name Rod Johnson
Age 58
Pistol Ruger MkII Government Target with JazzSax “treatments”
Sights Ultradot Pan AV Red dot sight
Ammo Eley Target yellow box
Off hand, One handed
40, 46, 41, 52, 38 — 217 0x

Off hand, Two handed
42, 35, 46 1x, 43, 44 — 210 1x

Strange that I always thought two handed would be easier. I did have a brain fart at one point two handed. :rolleyes: Totally missed the scoring ring and have no idea what hit me. This is really fun. Thanks to the organizers and other participants. It’s reenergized the fun in shooting. :bthumb:

Hey, Rod
Thanks for participating, glad you enjoyed it. We just got this thing started last month, so we're happy to see new players. We don't differentiate between one and two handed holds, although there was some discussion in the "Anyone interested..." thread, around page four or so when we were discussing starting a match.
Check out the rules thread, there is a form for submitting entries which helps me a lot when sorting out scores at the end of the month. It doesn't need to be exact, but at least having the stars and match you're entering at the top of the info is a big help. Like this:
***10 Yd scope***

entry info

Thanks again, and happy shooting,
Dennis

Edit: No worries for this post, but if this gets real popular with a lot of entries I fear I may miss some if they don't jump off the page at me. :)