RimfireCentral.com Forums

RimfireCentral.com Forums (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Model 597 (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   597 17hmr with laminate stock and heavy barrel, should I sell? (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1168633)

CoolJJ 08-08-2019 12:55 PM

597 17hmr with laminate stock and heavy barrel, should I sell?

Like the title says, I have a 597 17hmr with laminate stock and heavy barrel. I test fired it and it works fine, but I don't really want it and I'm looking to sell it. Am I opening myself to liability? I don't feel like going through the rigmarole of sending it to Remington for a measly $250 voucher for another Remington product I don't want. If I could sell it, what is the going price for them? I haven't seen one sell for quite a while.

HUSHKABOOM 08-08-2019 02:37 PM

Another option was to return the 17 to Remington and they would install a .22WMR barrel. Not sure if they can or will still do that. Can't help on price but would probably try for around $300+ or try listing on Gunbroker.

Al the Infidel 08-08-2019 05:08 PM

Like HUSH recommended, call Rem and see if they will still honor their offer for barrel replacement on their dime. That or sell outright letting the buyer know its been recalled.

Mine hasn't had a kaboom yet either.

Al the Infidel 08-09-2019 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlysAlot (Post 11568675)
In the real world, the bloom is off the rose with them... Of course the internet is (always?) mental about them $$$. Bought one at Tulsa in April it was there all weekend and I paid the guy $200 and he gave me 6 magazines and a box of ammo.

Call the police!! You stole it!!

917M2Sfan 08-10-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolJJ (Post 11568377)
Like the title says, I have a 597 17hmr with laminate stock and heavy barrel. I test fired it and it works fine, but I don't really want it and I'm looking to sell it. Am I opening myself to liability? I don't feel like going through the rigmarole of sending it to Remington for a measly $250 voucher for another Remington product I don't want. If I could sell it, what is the going price for them? I haven't seen one sell for quite a while.

Since it has been recalled by Remington for safety concerns, I'd say that there is a lot of potential liability involved if you sell it and the buyer is ever injured. You might try selling it as a non-shooting collectible with a liability disclaimer, but that won't keep an aggressive attorney from bringing suit.