RimfireCentral.com Forums

RimfireCentral.com Forums (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Recipes (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   A really good fritatta (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1220479)

wookness 04-05-2021 01:16 PM

A really good fritatta

In a non-stick pan cook 1/3 # of regular breakfast country sausage.

Pour off all fat after sausage is cooked.

then mix to cooked sausage add:

1 cibolla/sliced [Mexican bulb onion]

¼ red bell pepper/julienne'd

3 baby portabella 'shrooms/chopped

mix together and cook

In a separate bowl beat 5 eggs w/a whisk and then pour over sausage and veggie's in the non-stick pan & combine

then and add fresh spinach leaves to top that are slightly poked into the eggs as they set, but do not mix.

then place shredded Romano cheese on the top.

Cover and let it cook on low heat to set the eggs completely. Do not overcook or it will burn the bottom of the fritatta.

That's it.

We find the brand 'Heritage Farm' country sausage works very well w/the above. It does have some fat, but it gets poured off after cooking the sausage.

aztarget 04-05-2021 05:00 PM

Sounds good but I like to use cast iron and finish it in the oven.

Al the Infidel 04-08-2021 02:59 PM

Had to look up what a Mexican breakfast casserole looked like.

Yankee Al

eflyguy 04-08-2021 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aztarget (Post 12273821)
Sounds good but I like to use cast iron and finish it in the oven.

That would technically make it a soufflé.. not that there's anything wrong with that. :bthumb:

This is basically a Spanish omelet for two or more (and nothing wrong with that either!!)

I usually just put a sprinkle of cheese in my omelets, and possibly a bit of dry cured pancetta.

Al the Infidel 04-10-2021 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eflyguy (Post 12276773)
I usually just put a sprinkle of cheese in my omelets, and possibly a bit of dry cured pancetta.

Now you made me look up pancetta.

Rhody 06-24-2021 01:12 PM

This morning I plucked a fresh striped zucchini from my garden, cubed it up and fried it with some pepper. Meanwhile, I mixed up three eggs with a bit of almond milk, and when the zucchini was just starting to brown, poured the eggs over it. Mix it around in the frying pan a bit, shape it into a flippable shape. One flip and turn off the heat! Add hot sauce if you like before eating. I like a bit of ketchup!;)

If I would have had some cheese, I would have added a slice and folded the omelet in half.

R