RimfireCentral.com Forums

RimfireCentral.com Forums (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Shotgun (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=280)
-   -   Bought a very nice Winchester Model 12 today. (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1171797)

NHcollector2 09-14-2019 10:33 PM

Bought a very nice Winchester Model 12 today.
 
It is a 12 ga., about 90%, made in 1937, very little used and well stored. It came with a canvas carry case including a period three piece wood cleaning kit and a magazine dowel to limit it to two shells. A "grampy's" gun that the kids sold after he passed. I like Model 12s, I have my Dad's 16 ga. that was made around the same time, he got it when he turned 16. They don't make them like that anymore.

Jerryrig 09-14-2019 10:58 PM

12
 
I have my dads model 12, 12 ga. also. I refinished the stock and had it re blued. It use to put rabbet on the table. Mom used to say chew carefully there is shot in there.

NHcollector2 09-15-2019 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerryrig (Post 11608319)
I have my dads model 12, 12 ga. also. I refinished the stock and had it re blued. It use to put rabbet on the table. Mom used to say chew carefully there is shot in there.

Great memories there!

Area51guy 09-15-2019 07:23 AM

Winchester Model 12
 
Sounds like you wound up with a nice Model 12! I like these guns a lot! I have owned several, ranging from an old cylinder bored guard gun that was great at skeet to an unfired Super Field Grade. I bought one several years ago that is in 20 gauge and had been rebuilt as a skeet gun. It has exceptional wood and an aftermarket Simmons rib on a 26" bbl. This one I will probably keep! As I get older, I find that felt recoil bothers me more and more so the reduced "kick" from a 20 gauge is more to my liking.

NHcollector2 09-15-2019 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Area51guy (Post 11608489)
Sounds like you wound up with a nice Model 12! I like these guns a lot! I have owned several, ranging from an old cylinder bored guard gun that was great at skeet to an unfired Super Field Grade. I bought one several years ago that is in 20 gauge and had been rebuilt as a skeet gun. It has exceptional wood and an aftermarket Simmons rib on a 26" bbl. This one I will probably keep! As I get older, I find that felt recoil bothers me more and more so the reduced "kick" from a 20 gauge is more to my liking.

I have an early 20 gauge, a Model 1912 with the 25" barrel, nothing special about it though. Sounds like yours is quite nice!

I have some RST ammo for early Damascus shotguns, it should feel mild in my new gun.

Rider357 09-15-2019 05:00 PM

One of the finest firearms ever produced without a doubt. The model 12 and model 70 almost sent them into bankruptcy due to the hand work and materials involved. The days of production guns of that quality are gone forever.

NHcollector2 09-16-2019 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider357 (Post 11609033)
One of the finest firearms ever produced without a doubt. The model 12 and model 70 almost sent them into bankruptcy due to the hand work and materials involved. The days of production guns of that quality are gone forever.

I regret selling the only Model 70 I ever had, I'd like to find a pre-64 some day but they are rare in local shops.

huntschool 11-06-2019 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider357 (Post 11609033)
One of the finest firearms ever produced without a doubt. The model 12 and model 70 almost sent them into bankruptcy due to the hand work and materials involved. The days of production guns of that quality are gone forever.

Rider357:

You left out the Super X I. The guys I knew at Winchester said they should have put a $100.00 dollar bill in the box with each gun cause that is at lest what they lost on each gun produced...Ö and that was then...... LOL

1911luvr 11-08-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntschool (Post 11662555)
Rider357:



You left out the Super X I. The guys I knew at Winchester said they should have put a $100.00 dollar bill in the box with each gun cause that is at lest what they lost on each gun produced...Ö and that was then...... LOL



I almost bought a Super X trap gun a few years ago for $300, but didnít know much about them at the time. I already have a Winchester Pigeon Grade O/U 30Ē for trap and donít even shoot that except for dove hunting twice a year.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 PM.

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com