RimfireCentral.com Forums

RimfireCentral.com Forums (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Single Six (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=264)
-   -   Finally snagged a Wrangler (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1172229)

kirby999 09-19-2019 05:36 PM

Finally snagged a Wrangler

Iíve been getting alerts from an online dealer off and on .
I was either too late finding the email , or didnít have the funds at the time .
Most of the time , it wasnít the black one , the one I wanted .
I even had them cancel my order once , with them admitting they oversold .
Well , I finally snagged one and will pick it up tomorrow afternoon.
Pictures and review after a range trip next week .

Donnie Powell 09-19-2019 05:45 PM

My friend loves his. Had for about two weeks.

Whalerman 09-20-2019 08:07 AM

Best of luck with your new Wrangler!
I bought a black one about a month ago and I'm very pleased with it.
They are an incredible value and fun to shoot.
Some nice wood grips make a big difference in the looks dept.

Cowpokey 09-20-2019 08:22 AM

I'll be getting one...or more, when they become available here. Hopefully in time for Christmas.

kirby999 09-20-2019 04:54 PM

Picked my black Ruger Wrangler up this afternoon.
First impression is , I want another .
Nice looking little pistol for the money .
Probably be Wednesday or Thursday, next week before I get a chance to take it to the range .
Canít wait .
I dry fired it once just to check the trigger and itís nice :D.

NHcollector 09-20-2019 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirby999 (Post 11614595)
Picked my black Ruger Wrangler up this afternoon.
First impression is , I want another .
Nice looking little pistol for the money .
Probably be Wednesday or Thursday, next week before I get a chance to take it to the range .
Canít wait .
I dry fired it once just to check the trigger and itís nice :D.

For not much more than the price of the the two you want you could get an Uberti .22 SAA. All steel, better put together, much better looking. We all have different goals....

gcrank1 09-20-2019 06:55 PM

Uberti, Ummm....yeah....ok
Now about that Wrangler, how is the loading gate 'issue' we hear about? Im hoping the newer ones get improved.

kirby999 09-20-2019 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHcollector (Post 11614637)
For not much more than the price of the the two you want you could get an Uberti .22 SAA. All steel, better put together, much better looking. We all have different goals....

Ain’t no way i’ll Ever buy another Uberti Single action rimfire revolver!
I own one . It was nothing but trouble from the first day I took it to the range .
No thanks , I’ll stick to my Rugers even the ones with an aluminum frame ! :eek:
You must not read many of my other posts . I’m the guy who wants Ruger to build a Single action rimfire revolver like the LCRX with an aluminum shrouded barrel , and aluminum frame with a steel cylinder.

kirby999 09-20-2019 07:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My Wrangler.

kirby999 09-20-2019 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcrank1 (Post 11614703)
Uberti, Ummm....yeah....ok
Now about that Wrangler, how is the loading gate 'issue' we hear about? Im hoping the newer ones get improved.

Loading gate does take a little thumb strength to open , but itís not impossible and Iím thinking itíll improve with use .

wproct 09-20-2019 08:25 PM

Kirby999, That is a beautiful revolver! As far as the stiff loading gate is concerned, there have been other posts either in this forum or the Ruger forum that describes how you can bend the spring to make it much more easy to manipulate the gate and I'm sure that someone will probably offer an aftermarket spring that will accomplish the same thing. However, if you are one that would rather not modify your handguns, I'm sure that if a person kept the loading gate lubed where the spring rides against it that it will smooth out with use. Those aren't the stock grips that came on it are they? They are very nice!

kirby999 09-20-2019 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wproct (Post 11614777)
Kirby999, That is a beautiful revolver! Those aren't the stock grips that came on it are they? They are very nice!

Thanks , the grips are some Iíd had on a stainless Single Six that got pearl grips . I dung around in my extra grip box and found these . Iíd forgotten I had them .
Thanks for the tips . Iím going to shoot it as is for now . If I find I need to modify it , Iíll search around find the mod .

wproct 09-21-2019 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirby999 (Post 11614843)
Thanks , the grips are some Iíd had on a stainless Single Six that got pearl grips . I dung around in my extra grip box and found these . Iíd forgotten I had them .
Thanks for the tips . Iím going to shoot it as is for now . If I find I need to modify it , Iíll search around find the mod .

That's ironic. I had a pair of nice stock Ruger wood grips that I had leftover when I had put some artificial ivory grips on a Black Hawk revolver, so, when I got my new Single-six recently that had came with the black checkered plastic grips I got the idea of slapping the Wood grips on it. It's really cool when you can use grips from the parts bin to dress up a new handgun! I just think yours really look nice on the black Wrangler.:bthumb:

Cowpokey 09-21-2019 02:32 PM

Kirby999,

Now that you're on the Wangler kick, you might as well let me have that pair of 0678 Single Sixes...you surely don't need them any longer. :coolgleam

timberbeast 09-21-2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirby999 (Post 11614741)
My Wrangler.

Now that is a fine-looking SA revolver. :heartpump