RimfireCentral.com Forums

RimfireCentral.com Forums (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Taurus / Rossi (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   New Taurus .22 semi auto pistol (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1147761)

Whalerman 01-18-2019 08:52 PM

New Taurus .22 semi auto pistol
 
Today, Taurus introduced their new TX .22lr semi auto pistol.
There's a video on youtube.
Sixteen (16) shot capacity!

BigLoop22 01-19-2019 12:11 AM

Whalerman,

Thanks for teling us about that gun. I found a couple of articles about it:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...what-it-means/

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...9-taurus-tx22/

https://assets.shootingillustrated.c...e-pistol-f.jpg

https://assets.americanrifleman.org/.../taurus_10.jpg

https://assets.americanrifleman.org/...2/taurus_8.jpg

https://assets.americanrifleman.org/...5/taurus_1.jpg

https://assets.americanrifleman.org/...0/taurus_6.jpg

https://taurustx22.com/templates/yoo...-c4ba0444.jpeg

BigLoop22

jon p 01-19-2019 07:33 AM

OMG,another FUGLY plastic pistol !!
 
sorry, it may be a great pistol , but I guess I am too "old skool", this is almost as fugly as the kel tec .22 magnum pistol, looks like some one built it in their basement. :rolleyes::p;)

Arrowhead 01-19-2019 09:44 AM

I find it at least attractive as a glock and with a more ergonomic grip. It should appeal to those that like to shoot off a bunch of rounds quickly.

mgresh 01-23-2019 03:55 PM

I like it. Very interested to see how they run. If they can have some proven reliability, they should be a great seller.

wproct 01-23-2019 04:38 PM

I'm thinking this pistol will give the Ruger SR22 and Smith & Wesson M&P market some serious competition. It's not one I personally will be interested in but I think there is a significant market for that kind of handgun.

gr8guns 01-23-2019 11:12 PM

Not in my Opinion.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wproct (Post 11325687)
I'm thinking this pistol will give the Ruger SR22 and Smith & Wesson M&P market some serious competition. It's not one I personally will be interested in but I think there is a significant market for that kind of handgun.

I don't see it giving the Ruger real competition as far as sales, the one year

Taurus Repair Policy screams loudly about that. If you have a problem with a

Taurus, it will be gone for two months, so two months of a year warranty only

leaves about 10 months of coverage , if you have to send one back.

Ruger will take care of their own, and so will Smith and Wesson. Taurus used

to be lifetime repair on all their pistols, but those days are gone.

wproct 01-24-2019 07:31 AM

I see. I wasn't aware of the Taurus warranty change. That's a big deal.

gr8guns 01-24-2019 09:38 AM

Lifetime remains for some weapons by Taurus.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wproct (Post 11326511)
I see. I wasn't aware of the Taurus warranty change. That's a big deal.

Some of the weapons they sell still offer the lifetime warranty. I go to their

website, and check on the pistol or revolver I am interested in.

jkv45 01-24-2019 11:04 AM

I just noticed this today.

I'm in the market for a .22 "tactical" pistol, and was about ready to pull the trigger on a M&P22 Compact when I saw this.

The TX22 is striker-fired, and looks to be designed and produced in the U.S. Full size frame, threaded barrel, 16 shot. Looks interesting if it performs as advertised.

In action - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCGk9NNjWBA

Sounds like it will be available in Feb 2019.*

I'd like to see a comparison against the current class leaders. The Ruger SR doesn't appeal to me after handling one. The shape of the grip just feels strange. The M&P can have some accuracy issues, and it's reduced size.

TX22 site - https://taurustx22.com/

https://www.guns.com/news/2019/01/24...ted-to-rimfire

* Just talked to Taurus - not going to be shipping until March apparently.

mgresh 01-24-2019 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkv45 (Post 11326787)
I just noticed this today.

I'm in the market for a .22 "tactical" pistol, and was about ready to pull the trigger on a M&P22 Compact when I saw this.

The TX22 is striker-fired, and looks to be designed and produced in the U.S. Full size frame, threaded barrel, 16 shot. Looks interesting if it performs as advertised.

In action - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCGk9NNjWBA

Sounds like it will be available in Feb 2019.

I'd like to see a comparison against the current class leaders. The Ruger SR doesn't appeal to me after handling one. The shape of the grip just feels strange. The M&P can have some accuracy issues, and it's reduced size.

TX22 site - https://taurustx22.com/

I agree this deserves a definite look.

If you want a very nice tactical .22, check out the Walther PPQ M2 .22.

Winnut 01-24-2019 01:57 PM

Why "Tactical" anything ?? Give me a pistol, rifle, or shotgun and forget the tactical label.
We're not at war...yet

mgresh 01-24-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winnut (Post 11327049)
Why "Tactical" anything ?? Give me a pistol, rifle, or shotgun and forget the tactical label.
We're not at war...yet

This gun, and other handguns referenced, are not tactical, nor labeled that way.

It's simply a term used to identify a polymer "service" style pistol.

jkv45 01-24-2019 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winnut (Post 11327049)
Why "Tactical" anything ?? Give me a pistol, rifle, or shotgun and forget the tactical label.
We're not at war...yet

How would you describe it?

Is "tactical" offensive these days? Like "assault rifle"?

I don't really care what it is, but it is polymer and equipped with a rail like most "carry" or "service" guns, so...

My "tactical" reference was meant to be sarcastic, considering it's a .22.

jkv45 02-05-2019 12:14 PM

Just ordered one from Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore for $309 shipped.

In stock - https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst....cfm/ID/214886

I know there's a chance it may not be what I expect it to be, but I'm willing to take a chance.

I'll let you know what I think of it after I put a few rounds through it.

EDIT - They are now showing the TX as "Out of Stock" at SOS.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 PM.

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com