RimfireCentral.com Forums

RimfireCentral.com Forums (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Martini (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   My pictures went away on Hunt101 (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1154709)

Les Brooks 03-17-2019 08:41 AM

My pictures went away on Hunt101

I am not active and now that all the project pictures are gone most articles I wrote about are useless. I have all the pictures in the PC and if you would like to view the project for helping your project let me know. A DVD with over 2.25 Gbs is available. Send me a PM and will try to help you.

Les Brooks , retired gunsmith

rapidfire10ring 03-17-2019 12:15 PM

What is this in reference to??

DoubleD 03-17-2019 03:35 PM

Les Brooks is a Retired Gunsmith of the old school. When I went to Gunsmith school in the early 80's his work is one the works we studied His custom gun work is incredible. His stock work is out of this world. He did a lot of work with small Martini's.

I don't know if he was a Guild Member but he proceeded the Guild, and his work in the 70's and 80's was renowned.

He is a true artist.

rapidfire10ring 03-17-2019 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleD (Post 11406661)
Les Brooks is a Retired Gunsmith of the old school. When I went to Gunsmith school in the early 80's his work is one the works we studied His custom gun work is incredible. His stock work is out of this world. He did a lot of work with small Martini's.

I don't know if he was a Guild Member but he proceeded the Guild, and his work in the 70's and 80's was renowned.

He is a true artist.

O.K., Let's bring him out of retirement. It seems he has some articles that had disappearing photos. :eek:

Carney Pace 03-18-2019 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rapidfire10ring (Post 11407297)
O.K., Let's bring him out of retirement. It seems he has some articles that had disappearing photos. :eek:

Good idea rapidfire10ring

Les Brooks 03-18-2019 09:38 AM

The older I get the less I can remember all the conversions on the Martini's which I made over from the '61' to '90's. The Hunt101 site that closed down has all of the pictures of my work. I wish someone could buy the site and get it up and running again. I have all of the articles in the PC and if you send me an email address I will send pictures of the Martini info that I have on the conversions. My last personnel Martini is a 20 cal. made on the shortened .223 case. It was completed in 2007 and I still need to work up the reloading as it is a reduced load for easy extraction. I don't recommend a full blown 204 Rug. as the pressure is too high up around 60,000 lbs. I am hoping for about 3500 fps with a 32 gr bullet.

Les

rapidfire10ring 03-18-2019 11:54 AM

Recall the fiasco of Photobucket a few years ago. They had a free photo hosting site and we used it for "third party imaging" where the photo link could be shared on any forum or board.
Well, later they wanted $400 a year for continuing that "privilege" and people moved over to other sites. That was billions of photos.

DoubleD 03-20-2019 07:54 AM

Les weren't you at one time selling a DVD of your articles and pictures? I think you sent me. Somewhere still packed in a box from the move, if you did.

I go more inspiration from reading Les Brooks and Frank deHaas...although they are two distinctly different type gunsmiths.

rapidfire10ring 03-20-2019 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les Brooks (Post 11407509)
The older I get the less I can remember all the conversions on the Martini's which I made over from the '61' to '90's. The Hunt101 site that closed down has all of the pictures of my work. I wish someone could buy the site and get it up and running again. I have all of the articles in the PC and if you send me an email address I will send pictures of the Martini info that I have on the conversions. My last personnel Martini is a 20 cal. made on the shortened .223 case. It was completed in 2007 and I still need to work up the reloading as it is a reduced load for easy extraction. I don't recommend a full blown 204 Rug. as the pressure is too high up around 60,000 lbs. I am hoping for about 3500 fps with a 32 gr bullet.

Les

I did a "hunt" for the Hunt101 site and the 'owner' left a statement that he would be back at it. It was about 8 months since he wrote that note to his former subscribers.

Les Brooks 03-21-2019 06:12 AM

I sent a copy to DoubleD a few yrs ago. The DVD has over 2.25 Gb's of info and included a couple of videos of my working projects. It took quit a lot of time to put this all together from my pictures saved from over 50 yrs ago. I have added more articles as I have tried to get this info out before it is too late. I am in my mid 80's and when the Hunt101 site went down with my pictures used in most of my articles. The good thing about all this info is I still have all articles in my PC.

rapidfire10ring 03-21-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleD (Post 11409775)
Les weren't you at one time selling a DVD of your articles and pictures? I think you sent me. Somewhere still packed in a box from the move, if you did.

I go more inspiration from reading Les Brooks and Frank deHaas...although they are two distinctly different type gunsmiths.

Is it possible that you could dig that DVD that Les sent you a few years ago and make copies? Many of us would appreciate it.

DoubleD 03-22-2019 05:54 AM

If and when I run across the DVD I we will share.

DoubleD 03-26-2019 08:05 AM

I bet if you guys asked, we could convince Les to make another run on his DVD's.

Not sure when I might find mine. And there is a ton of stuff there, it would overwhelm this board.

rapidfire10ring 03-28-2019 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les Brooks (Post 11411159)
I sent a copy to DoubleD a few yrs ago. The DVD has over 2.25 Gb's of info and included a couple of videos of my working projects. It took quit a lot of time to put this all together from my pictures saved from over 50 yrs ago. I have added more articles as I have tried to get this info out before it is too late. I am in my mid 80's and when the Hunt101 site went down with my pictures used in most of my articles. The good thing about all this info is I still have all articles in my PC.

Can you find your copies? Obviously, we would like to see them as I would bet most here have NOT seen your photos or projects.;)

DoubleD 03-29-2019 07:54 PM

I have Les' DVD. I am awaiting instruction for Les on how he wants me to share this.

The DVD he sent me has far more than the DVD I already have some where. Lots of pictures from old chemical photo's to various evolution of digital photo's. A bunch of article written over the years.

The DVD arrives as I am deep into doing my taxes, grrr. so don't expect anything quick. Grrr. I can't even have a wee dram to settle my nerves as I still taking meds for my back surgery. Grrrrrr.

Here is a teaser.

Les Brooks 20 cal

http://www.fototime.com/B0A45AA90A71C0A/medium800.jpg