RimfireCentral.com Forums

RimfireCentral.com Forums (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Single Six (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=264)
-   -   Unreasonable pawn (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1161899)

Tailhunter 05-25-2019 06:55 PM

Unreasonable pawn

Found a SS at a local pawn shop. Very dirty with a little more than average wear but the price was right considering it only had the magnum cylinder. So I ask them to remove the trigger lock so I can properly inspect it. They say no, company policy the lock must stay on. I try to explain to them why I need it removed. I`m standing there with my three year old grandson, pretty sure I don`t look very threatening. Then they tell me if I do buy the gun I have to wait 5 days instead of the three day waiting period required by the state "company policy" again. They tell me if I find anything wrong with the gun I can return it. Dose anyone here think it would be a good idea to buy from these people?

Pete44ru 05-25-2019 07:24 PM

Nope....:shakehead

Remember: You can't change other people, you can only change the way you think of them.

In this case, I would think that they are best avoided.

Bigdog357 05-25-2019 07:30 PM

I wouldn't shop there, to many guns and places to buy them available that don't have ridiculous policies

JTJ 05-25-2019 07:31 PM

Totally unreasonable. I would not deal with them.

Ferox34 05-25-2019 07:45 PM

another option

I might have shown them the cash, but said I ain't buying unless you remove the trigger lock so I can properly inspect it. Is the 5 day waiting period posted in the shop? If not, I would walk.

elohssa63 05-25-2019 07:46 PM

Leave skid marks. :dogrun:

Tailhunter 05-25-2019 08:12 PM

Yeah was no way I was going thru that for a dirty worn gun I would most likely have to fight them for a refund.

jon p 05-25-2019 08:46 PM

run fast

I wouldn't do business with that kind of shop. I have one pawn shop in my home town that does dumb stuff like this, I do not even go there anymore.

Preston-CLB 05-26-2019 01:53 PM

Your boots are made for walkin'. I am sure that if you look around, you could find a nice Single Six with both cylinders. It may cost more, but would be worth it. Good luck!
-P

Tailhunter 05-26-2019 02:42 PM

I did a little research as to the cost to replace the 22lr cylinder. Buying the cylinder and having it fitted with shipping would be around $175. I`m sure I will find a better gun and a better deal.

STEEL SHOOTER 05-26-2019 04:03 PM

pawn shop nair-do-wells

I would consider myself lucky for finding out what kind of people they are BEFORE spending my money with them!

supersharp 05-26-2019 04:36 PM

I wouldn't trust them .Chances are if you find something wrong with it they would only give you a store credit anyway .I don't like their policies. :(

aztarget 05-26-2019 04:53 PM

A classy place would of at least cleaned it first. I would run.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

flangster 05-26-2019 06:17 PM

Dick's Sporting Goods had a similar policy about their triggers. I patiently explained that a) the feel of the trigger was important to me, and b) that there was no way I was purchasing a firearm from a storefront without fully checking the function. After all, if I wanted to buy a firearm sight unseen there were/are plenty of online retailers with whom I could deal. They were firm and I took my business -- all of my business --- elsewhere. Problem solved. :)

jon p 05-26-2019 09:10 PM

same with academy sports

Quote:

Originally Posted by flangster (Post 11494049)
Dick's Sporting Goods had a similar policy about their triggers. I patiently explained that a) the feel of the trigger was important to me, and b) that there was no way I was purchasing a firearm from a storefront without fully checking the function. After all, if I wanted to buy a firearm sight unseen there were/are plenty of online retailers with whom I could deal. They were firm and I took my business -- all of my business --- elsewhere. Problem solved. :)

wont remove trigger lock.