RimfireCentral.com Forums

RimfireCentral.com Forums (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   .22 Ammunition (S-L-LR) (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   The New Blazer 22 is CRAP! (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1164593)

Brittman 06-27-2019 11:39 PM

One question.

When a shooter gets a 'squib' load and it sounds weak, does the bullet always exit the barrel OK? Just wondering as I've never shot any Blazer .22's.

Thanks!
Brittman
:confused:

jaia 06-28-2019 06:17 AM

If you have any doubt...any doubt at all that a bullet failed to clear the bore
stop what y'er doing and check immediately. If it sounded funny,
or no hole appeared in the target, if the recoil didn't feel right, stop and check.
Don't guess, check. Bad things can happen if'n ya' don't. :(

zukiphile 06-28-2019 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brittman (Post 11527307)
does the bullet always exit the barrel OK?

No.

I had a 20gr Aguila Colibri fail to exit the barrel of a 28 inch BRNO rifle. It's an extraordinarily anemic round.

The danger for a normal 22lr is that the next round will collide with the stuck round and cause a subtle bulge that will give you headaches for the rest of the life of that barrel.

topowell 06-28-2019 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redrocket (Post 11525197)
I just want to say! I shoot a lot of rimfire and I have shot a lot of rimfire, I know what under powered and squib loads are! These are some of the worst rimfire I have shot in years!
My wife that does not shoot that much, on Sat. when we were shooting even asked me "What's wrong with these!" Some of the rounds were duds, and a lot of them seemed 50% under powered! I have shot a bunch of Blazer over the years and Never had a problem! These definitely have a problem.

Someone may have already mentioned this but you should stop shooting it and contact CCI about it.

Last year I had some Federal Hunter Match that were just like that, and it was kind of expensive stuff, too. Several squibs, a few total misfires, and one that poofed and shot smoke back into my face. I stopped shooting them and contacted Federal and they paid the postage to send it all back to them and also reimbursed me for the money.

I haven't bought any more to see if they got it fixed or not, but I did get my money back.

Starfire1929 06-28-2019 05:54 PM

Seems like everyone is attempting to get competion quality ammo for 6 to 7 cents a round. Unfortunately that won't happen. Try a box of Eley, Lapua, or Wolf. See the difference. But you will pay for it dearly. I guess it all depends on what style of sport shooting you wish to do. Good luck

redrocket 06-28-2019 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starfire1929 (Post 11528019)
Seems like everyone is attempting to get competion quality ammo for 6 to 7 cents a round. Unfortunately that won't happen. Try a box of Eley, Lapua, or Wolf. See the difference. But you will pay for it dearly. I guess it all depends on what style of sport shooting you wish to do. Good luck

Get REAL!

jcc273 06-28-2019 07:35 PM

Quote:

Seems like everyone is attempting to get competion quality ammo for 6 to 7 cents a round.

The Blazer 40 gr. I just bought is less than 4cents per round (F09AA05 in ink). Like Al I've led a sheltered life, never shot a round of it in any of my guns - until today (150 rounds through my cz452). I don't expect competition quality for that price, but I do expect every round to function and head out in the direction I was pointing my gun.

I was pleasantly surprised by the performance for cost. It won't win me any contests but it beats anything I've shot from a couple other US manufacturers. It's fairly clean, louder than some, reliable, and at 50 yards most go right where you're aiming. Plinking ammo, but seems to be pretty good plinking ammo. I won't be sure if it's on my 'buy' list until I try some in my other guns.

-Jim

NIB 06-29-2019 06:10 PM

Quote:

That could be true. You can get a brick of RWS SSHP at SGAmmo for 4.79 cents a round (no ship or tax). Iv'e shot 5 under a dime @ 50 with these. Now that MAY be getting CLOSE to competition ammo? :)

D Bart 06-29-2019 07:51 PM

Quote:

Actually 5 cents or less. Accuracy, within reason, isn't too important when shooting steel plate competition. A reliable firearm and ammunition is most important, as close to 100 % as possible. I use blazer because it is reliable. Exactly one failure in the last 12,000 rounds. If 25 cent a round ammo is what it took to be reliable in my guns that is what I would use.

Dennis.