Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

She’s here !! KIDD SuperGrade Premium.

7K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  DrGunner 
#1 ·
#5 ·
very nice (barreled action and scope) indeed...congrats :bthumb:

but it still saddens me whenever I see such a nice rifle in a cheap plastic stock...c'mon KIDD get a better stock for your "SuperGrade" rifles..you should be using at least an Altamont KKC laminate stock on your top of the line offerings

#14 ·
At least it is in a stock. All the new rage of tactical (AR style) setups are what I cannot wrap my head around. I guess it's the 70+ years I've been trying to wrap my head around stuff. Guess I'm too tired to try hard anymore.

#8 ·
I was worried the medium lightweight NF wouldn’t be tall enough. But it’s perfect to me. I don’t have truly mounted yet. It’s just sitting there. I know there is some grief about the magpul stock. But I actually like it. It’s feels good in the hand and light while being ridged. Don’t know when I’m going to be able to get it to the range. But can’t wait. All I really got is CCI standards. Bunch of hyper velocity plinking stuff. Just wanted to share. A lot of good folks helped me in the right direction. Appreciate it. WarDawg.

Attachments

#18 ·
I was worried the medium lightweight NF wouldn't be tall enough. But it's perfect to me. I don't have truly mounted yet. It's just sitting there. I know there is some grief about the magpul stock. But I actually like it. It's feels good in the hand and light while being ridged. Don't know when I'm going to be able to get it to the range. But can't wait. All I really got is CCI standards. Bunch of hyper velocity plinking stuff. Just wanted to share. A lot of good folks helped me in the right direction. Appreciate it. WarDawg.
Trek 930...now there's a blast from the past.

#16 · (Edited)
I really love my supergrade but I was glad to ditch the Magpul tupperware stock. I had George the "azguy" inlet, bed, pilar, and drill it for quick change barrel access on a TS Vantage for me back when the Supergrade first launched. It has simply shot lasers since then... Here is the original he worked on and I just cannot be any happier with it or to recommend his work!

Original Thread [Step-by-step & Detailed Pictures]
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=757193&highlight=Kidd+supergrade+slip+fit

Attachments

#21 ·
Nice setup RaggedHole. I was having trouble deciding on a stock for my Kidd Supergrade. Originally went with the McMillan A-5 22 notched for the rear tang. Performance was fine but $716 later just didn't like the looks. Wound up with the Kidd tactical forend and a Rival Arms ST-3X buttstock. Shoots great and handles great.

#26 ·
RaggedHole- VERY NICE RIFLE!!!

Great minds think alike!

I built a Kidd classic w/18" LW barrel years ago, pillar bedded with rear tang into a Tacsol Vantage Forest laminate just like yours. It was one of my favorite offhand shooters. My cousins fiancé, who's a good friend and occasional shooting buddy fell in love with it and drooled over it every time I took it out. He married that cousin the same summer that I built the rifle, several months before the wedding date that they had announced, so I found myself behind the curve in giving them a gift. We were out shooting together a week before their nuptials, and I was struck by how much he really bonded with and shot with that Vantage. He hit 8/10 golf balls OFFHAND at 100 yards with it.... so I GAVE it to him, right then and there.
I miss it, but I still have the 18" Kidd LW/Raptor that I built that same summer so that niche is still filled.

Yours is more accurate than mine, mine was more of a .3"-.4" shooter @ 50. Now, my Raptor is a different story- it would definitely run with yours :bthumb:

Congrats on a LIFELONG KEEPER!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.