RimfireCentral.com Forums

RimfireCentral.com Forums (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bench Techniques and Equipment (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Concrete shooting bench (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1178065)

*Doc Holliday 11-29-2019 08:53 PM

Concrete shooting bench

hello
I am on the Board of a new gun club forming in N.GA.
We plan on having Concrete shooting benches and I need the approximate
cost.
We could have many as 16 concrete benches.

regards
Wm Parker

KyleAllen 11-30-2019 02:41 AM

Here is one option I found

Very nice, but out of our budget

Below is the requested pricing for the purchase of (3) Shooting Benches without Pad:

QTY
DESCRIPTION
WEIGHT/EA
PRICE/EA
Shooting Bench
With Legs & Rotating Seat Assembled
(Pad Not Included)
~580 lbs.

$966.00
*Required*Pallet for Shipping Purposes
(Shooting Benches Ship 1/Pallet)
~25 lbs.
$15.00

Below is the requested third-party carrier cost from our plant in Henderson, CO to Escondido, CA.

QTY/PRODUCT
FREIGHT COST
(3) Shooting Benches without Pad
$751.00
*Third Party Carrier Delivers, Contractor Unloads, 15 minutes from the time of arrival for the Shooting Bench(es) to be unloaded by the customer.
Due to our unfamiliarity with your facility and/or unloading capabilities, we prefer that you coordinate your own shipping/freight via a third party carrier like SAIA or R+L Carriers, but we can supply a third party carrier quote if needed.
If you request that we coordinate shipping, please note that the third party carrier quotes are based solely on the information you provide us regarding your facility & unloading capabilities.
Customer is responsible for unloading delivery truck.
Vaughn Concrete Products will not be liable for any additional costs incurred.

Pricing does not include any applicable sales tax (if applicable) and is valid for 30 days. If it has been longer than 30 days, please contact our office for updated pricing.

All orders are COD unless an open account is currently established with VCP.

Shooting Benches are placed upside-down on a standard 4’x4’ pallet.

Production lead-times will vary, so please call for lead-time if you would like to place an order.

If you haven’t already done so, please visit www.shooting-bench.com for more information on our Shooting Benches.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call our office.

We look forward to working with you!

Thank You,

Jordan Carlisle
Vaughn Concrete Products, Inc.
v.877.827.8255 | f.877.827.7363
www.vaughnconcreteproducts.com

JTJ 11-30-2019 08:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Our gun club poured their own. Sonotube to form the 3 legs and a simple frame to pour the cement for the table. Chairs are not attached but cabled to the bench so they can be moved to either side. The only picture I have is with my spotting scope mount but you might be able to see enough to get an idea of how they are built.

*Doc Holliday 11-30-2019 08:56 AM

Thank you both for your replies.

I will pass your information to the other Board members.

William Parker

Garugerfan 11-30-2019 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Doc Holliday (Post 11686911)
hello
I am on the Board of a new gun club forming in N.GA.
We plan on having Concrete shooting benches and I need the approximate
cost.
We could have many as 16 concrete benches.

regards
Wm Parker

Would you mind if I ask where your gun club is located in N.GA?

gcrank1 11-30-2019 10:40 AM

Find the most local to you firm that makes concrete products to find out what it would cost to make a top form to your specs and pour some complete with some crossed rebar inside.
I agree with making your own 3 legged peds as the top will sit on 3 without rocking or need to shim (just like any tripod).

justinp61 11-30-2019 12:17 PM

The club I shoot has concrete benches, they sit on concrete blocks laid in a T shape.

Gizmo60 11-30-2019 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTJ (Post 11687131)
Our gun club poured their own.

I agree with JT.

Unless your Club has money to burn, make your own, (a few at a time) far cheaper than hiring someone to do it.

Decide the measurements required and get someone local to make up/weld the frames for you a few at a time as you need them. Make up two wooden top frames yourselves. Two hours, two lads/ladies, some aggregate & concrete and some mesh for stability.

Its got to be cheaper than hiring in and paying a contractor, unless the contractor is a Club member and is going to see you right.

Giz :)

doclu60 11-30-2019 05:59 PM

Definitely make your own. Pretty simple process. One thing to remember, the slab that holds them. I shoot at several clubs where the slab the benches sit on is too lightly constructed. When someone walks on the slab behind the benches, you can see your scope move on the target. These are clubs with solid concrete benches, both the top and the bases. The slab is as important as the benches.

crankythunder 11-30-2019 06:55 PM

I helped make a few at my club.

I welded up the legs and cross beams out of i beams, and welded some anchors at the top and set it in the forms and we had a concrete truck deliver the structural concrete.

Once poured and set, we attached three boat trailer jacks with wheels on the legs and flipped them over.

that way, we raise the boat jacks and we can wheel them across the concrete pad that is the shooting line.

Regards,
Crankster

Gizmo60 11-30-2019 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doclu60 (Post 11687693)
Definitely make your own. Pretty simple process. One thing to remember, the slab that holds them. I shoot at several clubs where the slab the benches sit on is too lightly constructed. When someone walks on the slab behind the benches, you can see your scope move on the target. These are clubs with solid concrete benches, both the top and the bases. The slab is as important as the benches.

+1 :bthumb:

Heavy benches on a bad/light base = trouble.

Giz :)

Thomasconnor 12-01-2019 03:50 PM

$28

$28, eight hundred pounds with the legs...Tom

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...d.php?t=542621

http://i.imgur.com/dMksZsa.jpg?1

gcrank1 12-01-2019 04:45 PM

Kinda looks like that 800# is gonna be pushing that base block into the ground over time?

Thomasconnor 12-01-2019 05:51 PM

The center block was a precaution four years ago. It has been removed as it did nothing.

That is a very heavy trailer/platform supported at the corners. I believe it has a 10,000 pound capacity and was used to move a skid loader...Tom

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/a...Deck061217.jpg[/QUOTE]

gcrank1 12-01-2019 07:47 PM

Makes me think I should have kept my dad's dozer trailer after he died.....
Probably could have built a substantial table on it from some of the junk steel/iron too.
Too soon old, too late smart.