RimfireCentral.com Forums

RimfireCentral.com Forums (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Offhand Rifle Match (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=327)
-   -   25 & 50 Yd Offhand Rifle Matches Post all match scores & discussion here ! (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=467569)

Bob4BVM 09-30-2012 03:35 PM

25 & 50 Yd Offhand Rifle Matches Post all match scores & discussion here !

Please see Match Rules STICKY in Offhand Rifle Match forum for latest updates to Match Rules, Procedure, target Scoring, etc.
Thanks,
Bob

Bob4BVM 09-30-2012 03:38 PM

Monthly Match Scoreboard & Shooters' Progress History---Updated 1st of each month

Please see Match Scoreboard STICKY in Offhand Rifle Match forum for score updates !
Thanks,
Bob

DaveLS 10-03-2012 11:07 PM

Bob,

What a great idea.

What are your thoughts on sling use?

-Dave

Bob4BVM 10-04-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveLS (Post 4211111)
Bob,

What a great idea.

What are your thoughts on sling use?

-Dave

Dave,
Thanks for asking. Slings are ok, if it helps you shoot better offhand, use it.
Rules have been modified, see above.

Who said this was going to be hard ? ;)

Bob

ps-If you want to use my printer target, PM me and I will email the pdf file to you.

Bob4BVM 10-07-2012 12:10 AM

Please re-read match rules in post#1.
Changed to allow 2 entries per month, one for scoped gun, one for irons.
Shoot more, have fun with this !
Bob

Pastprime 10-07-2012 07:41 PM

I'll give it a try, Bob....I need the exercise.....:D

dryfly24 10-07-2012 09:18 PM

What a great idea! I can't wait to try this! :AR15firin:bthumb:

Bob4BVM 10-07-2012 11:30 PM

Great, welcome guys !

Notice to All shooters in this match-
If you want to share your offhand progress scores, or maybe a personal-best target during the month, feel free to do so !
You can post targets or scores as often as you want during the month, but your monthly entry (or entries if you are shooting both scope & irons) will need to be identified by putting it in the ENTRY FORM format shown in Post#1.
Please reserve use of that Form for your actual match entry(s) for the month.
Thanks,
Bob

lumpocoal 10-08-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dryfly24 (Post 4215891)
What a great idea! I can't wait to try this! :AR15firin:bthumb:

+1.
It's been a long while since I did any offhand shooting. Lately I've been thinking about practicing up and getting into smallbore silhouette. The timing is perfect! :bthumb:

ice-wres3 10-08-2012 08:42 AM

Been a lotta years since I did any serious off hand but I knew this would be fun. So after the first of Oct. went out to the range with the family to get back in the groove. Boy was that comical:o. Using a Remmy 540X w/o a palmrest or any of the other shooting equipment I used back in the day. Boy I was just happy to keep it on the paper!!:p But we'll get there and have loads of fun doing it.

Bob4BVM 10-08-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ice-wres3 (Post 4216359)
Been a lotta years since I did any serious off hand but I knew this would be fun. So after the first of Oct. went out to the range with the family to get back in the groove. Boy was that comical:o. Using a Remmy 540X w/o a palmrest or any of the other shooting equipment I used back in the day. Boy I was just happy to keep it on the paper!!:p But we'll get there and have loads of fun doing it.

That has been my experience exactly ! My first couple weeks it was "just keep it on the paper... then it was keep it in the right target on the paper, then...

After 6 months of on/off practice, it is beginning to take shape. I am now pretty happy if i can keep 10 shots in the black on the A23. Still doesnt happen every time, but it is beginning to click. Getting to the point where i can usually "feel" the shot, good or bad. Controlling the trigger vs. sight picture is still the big mind game for me though. But having a blast trying !

cowboy4 10-09-2012 07:59 AM

I'll start....

...the ball rolling.
Here is a target I shot with two rifles. Yes, I said two rifles. I know that isn't in the rules (probably a bad way to start a new match), but let me explain. I shoot SB Silhouette and sometimes use two different rifles for the SB and Hunting rifle match. This target replicates that experience and by switching in mid-target, I simulate having to adjust to different weights, balance points, triggers, etc....
This isn't intended to be an "entry", just a target to post.

The top two and sighter were shot with a CZ-452 (custom stocked and rebarreled with a Light Varmint Lilja, and the bottom two were shot with my 1712 Anschutz.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...s/DSC00898.jpg

dryfly24 10-09-2012 10:02 AM

Good job! Nice group on the top and bottom right bull... :bthumb:

Bob4BVM 10-09-2012 02:29 PM

Wow, that IS some nice shooting Cowboy !
Thanks for showing us what is possible.
If i can manage 5 consecutive tgts in the 80's i'll be happy.

Guys, don't let Cowboy scare you off ! ;) !

Remember this match is more about personal improvement than competition.
You win every time you shoot a new personal-best target.
Save your targets, it's fun to watch what happens over a month or two.

Shoot often, have fun !

dryfly24 10-09-2012 06:13 PM

Put in my order for 250 targets today. Watch out Cowboy, here I come! :D:p