RimfireCentral.com Forums

RimfireCentral.com Forums (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   CZ / Brno (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Cutting 452 american barrel down? (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1140565)

Thomasconnor 11-10-2018 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefty222 (Post 11226537)
I hate to tell you Lionel but your Cooper also fell to the blade ...Tom

How is it shooting, do you want me to come over and give it a test run, l like your range and your ammo even more.

Lionel

It is great. I would like that a lot. You've been invited a lot more than you've shown up!...Tom

fabpeter 11-11-2018 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomasconnor (Post 11226441)
Peter I understand your suppressors are so inexpensive that they're disposable?...Tom

Well mate, all of my rimfire mods are strippable for cleaning so that's what I do.
Some folks might treat them as disposable but I'm too much of a tighta** for that kind of behaviour!:D

So for me, periodically.........I dismantle........clean baffles (or core)......clean tube..............light spray of Welder's anti-spatter spray to all parts.....re-assemble...........and look to easy cleaning next time.

That said, I do have a T8 C/F mod that does'nt strip, so it will probably get ditched sometime in the future.......but I'll wring every last minute of it's service life out of it first!:D
This is an overbarrel (reflex) type and they cost a couple of hundred quid!

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/a...pstswc1dnk.jpg

Peter.:)

Toomany22s 11-11-2018 09:51 AM

You hunt from trucks? See people,what the fall of an empire does to civilization :D

65BR 11-12-2018 12:19 PM

RAR

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter2678 (Post 11223907)
Yuuuuck!!:eek:

Have you owned one?

I realize this forum is for CZ fans, yes well made. Just suggested another option, as many RARs prove to be fine shooters, have a larger capacity flush fitting magazine, and yes, the short compact versions handle very well. Easy safety on tang, and triggers only need a ballpoint pen spring.

Hunter2678 11-12-2018 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65BR (Post 11228391)
Have you owned one?

I realize this forum is for CZ fans, yes well made. Just suggested another option, as many RARs prove to be fine shooters, have a larger capacity flush fitting magazine, and yes, the short compact versions handle very well. Easy safety on tang, and triggers only need a ballpoint pen spring.

No I have not, aside from owning a 10/22, Ive seen too many ruger centerfire rifles in my time to know they aren't my first choice for factory accuracy, even with their RPR's.

newbie2 11-12-2018 09:49 PM

Could the T8 c/f be cleaned in an ultrasonic bath?

fabpeter 11-13-2018 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newbie2 (Post 11229163)
Could the T8 c/f be cleaned in an ultrasonic bath?

Being a tight bugger I would certainly give it a try, but I'm sure it will be a long time before it reaches a state of being unusable.

I think I've heard of folks putting them in the dishwasher. I'm not sure how effectively this would deal with the scaley stuff, but i could imagine the reaction from 'er indoors!:eek:

Peter.:)

65BR 11-13-2018 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter2678 (Post 11228413)
No I have not, aside from owning a 10/22, Ive seen too many ruger centerfire rifles in my time to know they aren't my first choice for factory accuracy, even with their RPR's.

Lots of folks using Rugers in 6.5 CM getting +/- .5 MOA, and rimfires - MOA.

OEM 10/22s seem hit and miss in accuracy, slow locktime and less than triggers.

For the same $$, I do like CZ best do not get me wrong.

BadgerJack 11-15-2018 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter2678 (Post 11223549)
Anyone ever considered doing it to say 18" or 16" I've often thought about doing it for better accuracy and maneuverability but am still a bit chicken about going through with it. Mine shoots really well .5"-1" at 50yds without really trying..Wondering if it would shoot better at a shorter carbine length.

What on earth makes you think a shorter barel, with less o a powder burn, will give you greater accuracy?

If you want it to shoot better, try better ammo, and clean the bore properly.

wkd 11-15-2018 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadgerJack (Post 11232797)
What on earth makes you think a shorter barel, with less o a powder burn, will give you greater accuracy?

If you want it to shoot better, try better ammo, and clean the bore properly.

Powder will be burned up in the first 16 to 18 inches. Shorter should be less affected by vibrations. Do a little research on the subject of short bbls.

motorcycleboy 11-19-2018 12:17 PM

Do it

1 Attachment(s)
I cut my trainer down to a bit less than 20” as that seemed a good spot after sluggging. I also desoldered the rear sight off the barrel and dumped it in a varmint stock. Someday I may even make it all pretty but right now it is just an *** kicking .22 prs gun. In two matches it has never missed, only I have missed. As far as the rest of this nonsense about destroying value etc. I find that to be nonsense also. I just bought an as new 452 American that has been on armslist for over 2 1/2 months. Asking $600, with a lupy 3-9x33 compact ao that I will get over $300 for. Not to mention rings, dip rail adaptor and 500 rounds of ammo. Offered $500 and picked it up Friday. Long story short, I haven’t seen any real change in value of these in the decade I’ve been interested, mine is worth a lot more too me than it was as an open sighted trainer! Something tells me it still has some value left, doesn't it? How much more was it worth before than now?