RimfireCentral.com Forums

RimfireCentral.com Forums (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   CZ / Brno (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Gas Ports Work (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1225189)

old 39 06-10-2021 02:59 PM

Gas Ports Work
 
I always wondered if those gas ports on CZ rifles work. They do.

This morning I fired a Winchester T22 in my Model 2 that must been at least double charged. There was a big explosion and smoke came squirting out the gas port holes. I don't mean billowed, either. It squirted under pressure.

The empty extracted and ejected okay. The bolt face and the magazine follower (the defective round was the last one in the magazine) were absolutely blackened. I took the bolt apart and the striker had a bit of sludge on it. The rifle was fine and worked okay for the rest of the shooting session. I cleaned everything off with solvent and cleaned the barrel when I got home.

No gas hit my face and other than getting a good scare I am in as good repair as the rifle.

gmd1950 06-10-2021 03:52 PM

They're strong for certain, glad it worked out well. :bthumb:

mpolk 06-10-2021 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmd1950 (Post 12358241)
They're strong for certain, glad it worked out well. :bthumb:

[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

rockster 06-10-2021 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old 39 (Post 12358199)
I always wondered if those gas ports on CZ rifles work. They do.



This morning I fired a Winchester T22 in my Model 2 that must been at least double charged. There was a big explosion and smoke came squirting out the gas port holes. I don't mean billowed, either. It squirted under pressure.



The empty extracted and ejected okay. The bolt face and the magazine follower (the defective round was the last one in the magazine) were absolutely blackened. I took the bolt apart and the striker had a bit of sludge on it. The rifle was fine and worked okay for the rest of the shooting session. I cleaned everything off with solvent and cleaned the barrel when I got home.



No gas hit my face and other than getting a good scare I am in as good repair as the rifle.

I would definitely contact Winchester with the lot number. Usually when I've had a bad batch the manufacturer will send out a label to have the bad ammunition sent back and either reimburse or send a voucher for a new lot.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Al the Infidel 06-12-2021 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockster (Post 12358271)
I would definitely contact Winchester with the lot number. Usually when I've had a bad batch the manufacturer will send out a label to have the bad ammunition sent back and either reimburse or send a voucher for a new lot.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

When I had some bad cf ammo they sent me a couple vouchers for only Win products worth 1/2 of what the cf ammo was worth. Hack tooey on Winchester! :mad:

rockster 07-27-2021 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al the Infidel (Post 12360205)
When I had some bad cf ammo they sent me a couple vouchers for only Win products worth 1/2 of what the cf ammo was worth. Hack tooey on Winchester! :mad:

Sorry to hear that man, I'm not sure if it's the times or what but it used to be a 1:1 for new ammo... and that was only 2 years ago. That's BS if that's how it's going to be now when people purchase a bad lot.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Al the Infidel 07-27-2021 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockster (Post 12404663)
Sorry to hear that man, I'm not sure if it's the times or what but it used to be a 1:1 for new ammo... and that was only 2 years ago. That's BS if that's how it's going to be now when people purchase a bad lot.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Nah, this was almost 10yrs ago. I'm sure their customers relations are new and improved now. :rolleyes:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 PM.

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com