RimfireCentral.com Forums

RimfireCentral.com Forums (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marlin Bolt Actions (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=268)
-   -   Itís a sickness......I need help! (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1167649)

Garugerfan 07-28-2019 06:23 PM

Itís a sickness......I need help!
 
I went by my LGS this past Friday to pickup scope rings for the 25M with the Green Mountain barrel I got a few weeks ago. While there I spied another very nice 25M with the checkered walnut stock for $219. I think Iím going back tomorrow and make an offer on it. I really donít need another one, but this one is really nice!

oldguy22 07-28-2019 09:16 PM

I need help thread
 
I've reviewed your post and I think the only help you may need is maybe a larger safe, because everything sounds all ok.

Henry88 07-28-2019 09:25 PM

Sounds like you may be experiencing some GAS.

Gear Acquisition Syndrome

LOL

I would buy it myself............

Garugerfan 07-28-2019 09:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldguy22 (Post 11557399)
I've reviewed your post and I think the only help you may need is maybe a larger safe, because everything sounds all ok.

I must admit I took care of that problem last year. I built a 12x8 vault in my basement. 8Ē concrete blocks filled with concrete and rebar 7.5 feet high with a 6Ē thick concrete ceiling and a snap safe vault door. I have my gun safe inside the vault along with an old govt. surplus filing cabinet (takes 2 people to move) for ammo.
Also have some shelving for storage and a dehumidifier to keep the moisture controlled.

Bigdog357 07-29-2019 12:39 AM

You can never have to many 22 mags, buy, buy, buy. My 25M is one of my favorites. Sorry I am an enabler :D:D

Garugerfan 07-29-2019 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigdog357 (Post 11557555)
You can never have to many 22 mags, buy, buy, buy. My 25M is one of my favorites. Sorry I am an enabler :D:D

No need to apologize, Iíve been one myself!:bthumb:

tickridger 07-29-2019 10:13 AM

Now let me get this right, you have a safe inside of a safe? Isn't that a bit of overkill? If the safe room is moisture controlled then the safe and file cabinet are just taking up extra room you could be filling with guns. :D:D:D

John

Gripen 07-29-2019 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garugerfan (Post 11557419)
I must admit I took care of that problem last year. I built a 12x8 vault in my basement. 8Ē concrete blocks filled with concrete and rebar 7.5 feet high with a 6Ē thick concrete ceiling and a snap safe vault door. I have my gun safe inside the vault along with an old govt. surplus filing cabinet (takes 2 people to move) for ammo.
Also have some shelving for storage and a dehumidifier to keep the moisture controlled.


Life goals right here. :D :bthumb:

Garugerfan 07-29-2019 12:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tickridger (Post 11557741)
Now let me get this right, you have a safe inside of a safe? Isn't that a bit of overkill? If the safe room is moisture controlled then the safe and file cabinet are just taking up extra room you could be filling with guns. :D:D:D

John

Yeah, maybe it is overkill but I want anyone who tries to steal my guns to have to work hard for them! And no the safe won’t fit thru the vault door, I moved it into the area and we built the vault around it.


Back to the subject of this thread....I went by the LGS today and brought this beauty home with me for $200 OTD.
I honestly think this gun is unfired, no sign of any powder residue in the receiver or mag and the bolt still has the factory grease on it.
Other than a couple of small scuffs on the stock it’s mint. Serial number starts with 02 so I think that makes it a 1998 YOM.

truckjohn 07-29-2019 10:34 PM

Very nice!

sav99fan 07-29-2019 10:53 PM

You don't need help you need to catch up 🤣

Signalman 07-29-2019 10:57 PM

Garugerfan sir how can we help ?? How about a picture of other Marlin rifles that you could add to your collection:

http://i.imgur.com/MRjbAxVh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dYMaTTuh.jpg

Signalman :mad::):D

Garugerfan 07-29-2019 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Signalman1 (Post 11558449)
Garugerfan sir how can we help ?? How about a picture of other Marlin rifles that you could add to your collection:

http://i.imgur.com/MRjbAxVh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dYMaTTuh.jpg

Signalman :mad::):D

I can only hope to one day approach your level of awesomeness! Great collection!

Garugerfan 07-29-2019 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sav99fan (Post 11558445)
You don't need help you need to catch up 🤣

I'm working on it. This is the third 25MN I've bought in the last two months. And these join a XT22MR and a 922M in my safe as well as a 75 that I bought a couple of weeks ago. I have GOT to stop going to the LGS and gun shows for a while because I have seriously depleted my gun funds.:(

Bigdog357 07-30-2019 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garugerfan (Post 11558465)
I'm working on it. This is the third 25MN I've bought in the last two months. And these join a XT22MR and a 922M in my safe as well as a 75 that I bought a couple of weeks ago. I have GOT to stop going to the LGS and gun shows for a while because I have seriously depleted my gun funds.:(

I feel your pain, in the last four months I have added (7) Marlins to my collection.
99C, 75, 922M, 25MB, 39M, 70P and a 39A. I'm tapped out, got to stay away from GB and my Local gun pushers. I haven't had time to check the accuracy of most of them. Usually buy, step out back run 10 or 15 rds thru them to make sure they shoot and into the safe they go. Need to get scopes bought and mounted, bunch of them need new buffers installed :bonk:
That being said, I got some great deals and I love the chase


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 AM.

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com