RimfireCentral.com Forums

RimfireCentral.com Forums (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mk IV (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=377)
-   -   Ruger Mark IV (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=766377)

Ledslnger 09-22-2016 08:37 PM

Yep, mags are interchangeable with Mark 3s.

advtroy 09-22-2016 08:39 PM

Just watched 22plinksters video..I want one !

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

dingode 09-22-2016 08:39 PM

I have a MKI, MKII, and a MKIII but I still bought a S&W .22 Victory. When I got the Victory I said that Ruger had better step up their game or S&W was going to eat their lunch, it would appear that Ruger stepped up their game and then some! That takedown is simply sweet! One piece frame, No LCI, if there is still a mag safety it is no longer keeps the mag from sliding free, it sounds like they improved the trigger a bit too.

I had no plans of buying a MKIV as I didn't think it would be that much of an upgrade, I was wrong. So when the funds allow and they put out a slab side competition model I'll be adding to the stable.

Congrats Ruger on what looks to be a solid upgrade to an already awesome platform.

timberbeast 09-22-2016 09:25 PM

Well, there's another one to buy. :)

yoda111 09-22-2016 09:38 PM

ruger MKIV

I just ordered some, the first one should be here tomorrow.
They actually launched this morning, but nothing on Rugers web site , should be tomorrow
The sad part is they have discontinued all the MKIII series , no one could answer about the mag swap, but I guess that tells me it is swappable, I was worried about that.

The hunters were released first, I was told I could get the other target models as early as Fri, maybe Monday, depends on how the shipment were processed.

ditto1958 09-22-2016 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingode (Post 7243585)
I have a MKI, MKII, and a MKIII but I still bought a S&W .22 Victory. When I got the Victory I said that Ruger had better step up their game or S&W was going to eat their lunch, it would appear that Ruger stepped up their game and then some!

A coupla weeks ago, a little voice in my head told me don't buy a Victory. So I didn't.*

The Victory is a nice gun, but I think you're right. Looks as though the new Ruger will blow it away.

*I bought a S&W 22A-1 instead. Shoulda saved my money to get a Mark IV.

yoda111 09-22-2016 09:42 PM

MKIV

Theres only 3 model right now
hunter model 40118

5.5 bull stainless # 40103

5.5 bull blued # 40101

No one could tell me about the 22/45 other than they said they had no more on order even the lites

And they didn't honor the winter time 22/45 free goods , they never even produced them but swapped them out with LC9S

They have had this planed for a long time not to even produce the winter time incentive pistols

yoda111 09-22-2016 09:47 PM

MKIV

what's volquartsen and tac sol going to do now, back to the drawing board I guess

yoda111 09-22-2016 09:52 PM

I see they have it up on the wed site now, bee tiring to find that since this morning

Retired335 09-22-2016 10:00 PM

I should have the hunter model in my hands tomorrow. I will let you know the good, bad and ugly...

HarleyDude 09-22-2016 11:25 PM

Ruger Mark IV

Check it out ... pretty cool ... the new Ruger Mark IV

https://www.full30.com/video/894a529...ae7dd4c783feb2

weemsf 09-23-2016 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoda111 (Post 7244001)
what's volquartsen and tac sol going to do now, back to the drawing board I guess

LOL:bthumb:

JStacy 09-23-2016 12:06 AM

"what's volquartsen and tac sol going to do now, back to the drawing board I guess " VQ will still sell a load of sears Plenty of MK III's around to keep them busy for a while. ;)

FredVK 09-23-2016 12:16 AM

Finally...finally.....finally!! After all these years Ruger has gotten around to designing an easy takedown/reassembly on the MK series. This new design finally addresses the one issue many had with the MK series. They were simply a royal PIA to reassemble. It certainly kept many prospective new buyers away. No longer. Over the years I've had more than one new owner bring me their pistol in pieces as they simply couldn't get it back together. I've had two or three myself that were simply a PIA. I feel sorry for the Ruger designated reassembly customer service rep who will now be out of a job with this much easier takedown. Also there appears to be no LCI. I predict these will sell extremely well with GunBroker and LGS seeing an influx of used MKIIIs. Myself, I will wait a year to ensure no unseen problems crop up, then I'll be ordering my new MKIV Hunter. This looks like a real winner, Bill Ruger would be proud. Time to start up a new MKIV subforum on RFC.

F14Chief 09-23-2016 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoda111 (Post 7243929)
I just ordered some, the first one should be here tomorrow.
They actually launched this morning, but nothing on Rugers web site , should be tomorrow
The sad part is they have discontinued all the MKIII series , no one could answer about the mag swap, but I guess that tells me it is swappable, I was worried about that.

The hunters were released first, I was told I could get the other target models as early as Fri, maybe Monday, depends on how the shipment were processed.

Got any idea what the street price point will be?