RimfireCentral.com Forums

RimfireCentral.com Forums (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anschutz (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   FIRST ANSCHUTZ (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1171589)

phillipf 09-12-2019 07:05 PM

FIRST ANSCHUTZ
 
Hi All, been trolling here for some time on this forum and the CZ.
I got my first Anschutz back in August a model 1407 made in 1969 with a 54 action and a trigger that's less than 8 oz for that's all my pull gauge will start at, it took me a while to get used to shooting a single shot, sighting in the Vortex 6x18x44 with the fine center dot, getting the front and rear rest like I like and now I just love this gun.

I shot my first match yesterday with a 233 and 231 and came in 3rd place shooting Center X, this was at 50 yards.

My CZ wonders where I'm at.:)

:)

DrGunner 09-12-2019 07:29 PM

Youíll still use the CZ- I throw mine in the truck on questionable weather days.
If itís raining, the 1712 stays dry in the truck.

Congrats on your first- I know how you feel, wish Iíd bought mine years ago.

DrGunner

Wyocaddis 09-13-2019 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillipf (Post 11605823)
sighting in the Vortex 6x18x44 with the fine center dot,

:)

Where did you find a vortex with that reticle

Have fun I know I enjoy mine

Penage Guy 09-13-2019 05:23 PM

Congratulations! I wouldn't be surprised if one day you got a second Anschutz.

phillipf 09-13-2019 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyocaddis (Post 11606611)
Where did you find a vortex with that reticle

Have fun I know I enjoy mine

I got it at Optics Planet.
I have 2 of them and I got one for a friend last month and at that time they had only 3 left, I love this scope and everyone that looks thru it does also.
I forgot to mention, you can change the dot from black to red, I've never done that yet.

:)

phillipf 09-13-2019 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penage Guy (Post 11606759)
Congratulations! I wouldn't be surprised if one day you got a second Anschutz.

I don't know about the second Anschutz, I like shooting this one so much I don't know how I could get another one that would do better, the guys at the club now wants to know if I sleep with the Annie :p,

It's funny, when I started on this journey, I got a Ruger 10/22 and tricked it out with all Kidd parts and it shoots very good, then off to the world of CZ'S and it done even better, but I wanted more and guess what? That's how I come to get my First Anschutz.

Enough of running off at the key board, sorry.

:)

lesley 09-14-2019 01:11 PM

If you got off on a Anschutz. A Vudoo will make you pass out. Buy a Vudoo then come back here and tell us about it. You will sell the Anschutz

Smoothtrigger 09-14-2019 04:22 PM

So it's very nice when you have your 1st of anything cool, (1st Ferrari, 1st Gulf Stream), ...... just kidding.

I was super excited when I got my 1st Anschutz (1717 D HB).

"I shot my first match yesterday with a 233 and 231 and came in 3rd place shooting Center X, this was at 50 yards".

Always helpful when you tell us what target you shot.:)

Details please, and photos are always very appreciated on this forum.

Smooth



lesley
"If you got off on a Anschutz. A Vudoo will make you pass out. Buy a Vudoo then come back here and tell us about it. You will sell the Anschutz."

Really.......and on the Anschutz thread with a member who is super happy with his new rifle. Classy.

Penage Guy 09-14-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesley (Post 11607693)
If you got off on a Anschutz. A Vudoo will make you pass out. Buy a Vudoo then come back here and tell us about it. You will sell the Anschutz

To help back up their assertions, Vudoo enthusiasts are welcome to show readers their targets. If they are as great as claimed, complete targets, warts and all, not just a few cherry picked examples, should speak more eloquently and persuasively than words alone.

wkd 09-14-2019 05:57 PM

lesley
"If you got off on a Anschutz. A Vudoo will make you pass out. Buy a Vudoo then come back here and tell us about it. You will sell the Anschutz."

Really.......and on the Anschutz thread with a member who is super happy with his new rifle. Classy.[/QUOTE]

Reading some of his past posts should give us all some insight.:rolleyes:

phillipf 09-14-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoothtrigger (Post 11607911)
So it's very nice when you have your 1st of anything cool, (1st Ferrari, 1st Gulf Stream), ...... just kidding.

I was super excited when I got my 1st Anschutz (1717 D HB).

"I shot my first match yesterday with a 233 and 231 and came in 3rd place shooting Center X, this was at 50 yards".

Always helpful when you tell us what target you shot.:)

Details please, and photos are always very appreciated on this forum.

Smooth



lesley
"If you got off on a Anschutz. A Vudoo will make you pass out. Buy a Vudoo then come back here and tell us about it. You will sell the Anschutz."

Really.......and on the Anschutz thread with a member who is super happy with his new rifle. Classy.

Smoothtrigger, thanks for the above comment, We shoot the USBR target, I wish I could post pictures, but I'm not computer smart about doing that.

:)

Hi-NV Shooter 09-14-2019 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penage Guy (Post 11607985)
To help back up their assertions, Vudoo enthusiasts are welcome to show readers their targets. If they are as great as claimed, complete targets, warts and all, not just a few cherry picked examples, should speak more eloquently and persuasively than words alone.

PG, the 3 that competed in RFBR here, don't show up anymore. between my 1411 and my buddy's Falcon they just couldn't get it done.:D

But I will say this, if done as a dedicated BR than perhaps, there would be hope.
but remember a Vudoo is a custom gun, and nobody can say otherwise. unlike a Rem. 40X it was CAD designed and CNC built

a Anschutz is mass produced and not CNC machined.

Lee

Smoothtrigger 09-14-2019 08:51 PM

phillipf

"Smoothtrigger, thanks for the above comment, We shoot the USBR target, I wish I could post pictures, but I'm not computer smart about doing that."

Mid 230's is an excellent score on your first attempt.
With the correct set up*, and a great batch of ammo, I'll bet you can raise that score by 10 points.

Now I would need to be with you to help that out, but the rifle can almost certainly achieve that.:)

Carry on, and I'll be checking back.

Smooth

*From my experience, the set up is what most shooters screw up.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 AM.

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com