Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

1911-22 Picture Thread

58K views 159 replies 84 participants last post by  GrampawEd 
#1 ·
Let's see pictures of your 1911-22 pistols!

#7 · (Edited)
Sig Sauer 1911-22. Recently tuned and given a 3.5lb trigger. Also has Fitted bushing, cap, SLIDE, MSH & magwell, rod & spring from CWAccessories. I also removed the magazine safety and added the Volquartsen forward blow comp.

This a Sig Sauer Platinum Elite 1911 lower on which I put a Nelson Custom .22 Conversion kit. It's a Bob Marvel design that reportedly takes the famous Marvel Unit 1 to the next level. We'll see. The grips are by RoCo.

#10 ·
It's big and heavy and fun. I bought it thinking it might help with balance and I wouldn't have to tap the underside of the gun. I really can't recommend it for frequent use if you shoot a lot, unless you shoot two handed. If you think you want a forward blow comp VC makes a small one that really makes more sense. Frankly, the plain jane Tac Sol comp at $35-40 or so is fine.

#17 ·
http://s13.***********/stmdafynb/GSG_1911_001.jpg
how to capture screen

Here are my GSG's. The one on the left has been heavily modified and repaired. The anniversary model on the right, with less than 50 rounds through it, was bought specifically to be a back up pistol for the day that I wear out the other one. The thing is, the other one has over a full case of CCI Blazers through it, AND IS STILL GOING STRONG! I have to admit that it is my 'most fun' pistol.

#143 ·

how to capture screen

Here are my GSG's. The one on the left has been heavily modified and repaired. The anniversary model on the right, with less than 50 rounds through it, was bought specifically to be a back up pistol for the day that I wear out the other one. The thing is, the other one has over a full case of CCI Blazers through it, AND IS STILL GOING STRONG! I have to admit that it is my 'most fun' pistol.
I use mine when im shooting my Springfield or rock island 1911 in 10 mm . I swap to the 22 when I start to get a flinch from the 10 mm but I was surprised that it is as accurate as the 10 s at 50 yards.

#28 ·
recent mod on my Sig

My most recent mod on my Sig Sauer 1911 22lr was swapping out the original recoil plug to complete the GSGPro.com full length guide rod and recoil spring with the GSGPro.com recoil spring plug. The new plug is an easy to see improvement over the original (which really isn't a bad plug to start with).

I was pleased at how good it looks matched up to the ZRTS slide alignment cone.

[/URL][/IMG]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.