RimfireCentral.com Forums

RimfireCentral.com Forums (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photography Tips (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   can you recommend a good free photo host? (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=537971)

COW 54 02-22-2014 10:00 PM

can you recommend a good free photo host?

Guys...

I've been using ImageShack to host my photos that I post here and around, kinda klunky but mostly okay, and the price is right (free).

Over the last few months random pictures that I have posted that were properly sized for everyone's viewing pleasure - all of a sudden have become un-sized and are now two screens wide and two tall. Wazzup wid dat?

I'm thinking that ImageShack is having some kind of issues, and it's aggravating me to no end.

Can anyone recommend a good free picture hosting service that is secure and EASY TO USE? ...did I mention EASY TO USE?

Thanks in advance, eh?

:bthumb:

nsmi 02-22-2014 10:08 PM

www.photobucket.com is free and easy to add on the forums.

chuckbiscuits 02-22-2014 10:38 PM

I also use Photobucket, COW. You can set security for each folder, yet if you post a picture, folks can see it without having access to the rest of the folder, or any of your other pictures/folders. The only drawback that I can see is that if you move any pictures or change their names, they become invisible. It IS free...:rolleyes:

Best,

phlydude 02-22-2014 10:40 PM

Picasaweb is free and can be linked to your google/YouTube account

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

COW 54 02-22-2014 11:39 PM

Thanks, fellas...

I did just now set up a photobucket account, and even manged to upload a picture to there and then post it here on RFC as a sort of test.

Not bad for someone who's as 'puter literate as a clam. :)

:bthumb:

chuckbiscuits 02-23-2014 07:37 AM

If you get stuck, give me a shout and I'll help you out. :t

IHMSA80x80 02-26-2014 10:49 AM

I've had Photobucket for years now. They went through a major upgrade not too long ago, and I was not a happy camper about it. Things didn't work, trouble logging in. Finally figured out how to work with it, since working against the changes were not getting anywhere.

It works well for me now, and I have a ton of pictures loaded there. The key for me was to organize them into smaller albums, which then made it a lot faster to load on the website. The only problem with that was losing all the previous links due to moving the images, especially all the rimfire ammo box pictures I had posted. Took many days to go back and redo all of those. As long as you don't move or rename your pictures it's easy to use.

IHMSA80x80 03-21-2021 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IHMSA80x80 (Post 4927205)
I've had Photobucket for years now. They went through a major upgrade not too long ago, and I was not a happy camper about it. Things didn't work, trouble logging in. Finally figured out how to work with it, since working against the changes were not getting anywhere.

It works well for me now, and I have a ton of pictures loaded there. The key for me was to organize them into smaller albums, which then made it a lot faster to load on the website. The only problem with that was losing all the previous links due to moving the images, especially all the rimfire ammo box pictures I had posted. Took many days to go back and redo all of those. As long as you don't move or rename your pictures it's easy to use.

Sometime after Dean made the above post on 2-26-2014, there was a big problem with photobucket and he had to move his photos to Imgur. Dean used it until his health got worse.

Currently, I use his Imgur photo account restoring his missing photos on his RFC posts.

Sadly, Dean passed away at 68 on Dec. 7, 2020 from Lymphoma cancer.

Marilyn [Dean's Loving Wife]

:F

ms6852 03-21-2021 03:09 AM

My computer is an iMac so all I do is import pics from my phone to the photos library and drag pictures to where it says insert image, easy peasy.

eflyguy 03-21-2021 03:33 AM

"Free hosting" is a fallacy.

Any time you are not paying for a service, you are the product being sold. In the case of image hosting, thru data mined from your images or ad revenue from visits to the site.

If you're embedding images on a third party site, like here, those hosting sites see no clicks, no ad revenue. Therefore, they are not obliged to offer their service indefinitely
Photobucket was the most visible, but others have done the same thing, and more will eventually follow. They are businesses, not charities.

This forum offers a fair amount of image storage for free, you can just upload pics here directly. Just resize the pics as appropriate.

AzShooter 03-21-2021 03:43 AM

IMGURE.COM

I've been using it for a few years now and find it to be easy to use. Give it a try.

LostLensCap 03-28-2021 10:08 PM

Imgur works for me.

bluzman 04-23-2021 06:00 PM

Another vote for Imgur

carbineone 04-23-2021 06:35 PM

Old post, but use Imugr also.

Al the Infidel 04-26-2021 08:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Paying members of RFC get a Lot of pix posted for the price of yearly admission plus other bennies. My pix are auto resized from my puter.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...1&d=1619488518