Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

BL-22 Brass bead frt sight options??

891 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  sandog 
#1 ·
I love a brass bead front sight and wonder if there's a frt sight that fits. Anyone swap out to a brass bead? I know the octagon barrels had a brass bead but why not the std. round barrel???? (half venting, half wanting a darn brass bead sight!) LOL!!

#3 · (Edited)
I ordered a .570" high brass bead sight (made by Marbles) from Skinner so as to be able to get zeroed with a Skinner rear peep.
I like a 1/16" brass bead for rimfire work, larger ones just seem too fat.

If you aren't running a peep you could use a shorter brass bead front than I did.
If you are using the factory folding rear, match whatever height your factory front sight is when ordering the new front sight.
Skinner only stocks really tall front sights to be used with their peeps. If you are needing a "normal" height front sight and not an extra tall one, look at Brownell's or Midway USA website.

A .570" front sight seems rather tall, but you'll need one like that for a peep.
(Actually a .580"-.590" would have been better, but I managed to turn my peep down a couple more turns so the .570" works fine now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.