RimfireCentral.com Forums

RimfireCentral.com Forums (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   CZ / Brno (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Issues installing Glades Armory bolt handle - held needed (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1014833)

amnesiac503 10-17-2017 02:58 PM

Issues installing Glades Armory bolt handle - held needed

Ok so I went to install my new Glades Armory bolt handle. Got the bolt disassembled and the new bolt handle on, finally was able to get the safety selector back in. I rotated the bolt handle around the bolt and now it is stuck, it won't rotate and the bolt wont insert all the way into the action. In order to remove the bolt handle you have to rotate the bolt handle clockwise around the bolt, then you are able to depress the spring and remove the safety selector. The bolt handle is stuck rotated upward and I cannot move it, which prevents me from then removing the safety selector and getting the bolt handle off. It looks like it's catching. You can see in the third picture a little lip that might be catching and preventing rotation?

Has anyone installed one of these and had similar issues, or can offer me some advice? Thanks!

Here is an album of pictures:
https://imgur.com/a/IJc8z

djdilliodon 10-17-2017 03:20 PM

They don't always work on every action, send it back!

amnesiac503 10-17-2017 03:22 PM

I can't get it off! The bolt handle won't rotate for me to be able to depress the spring and remove the safety selector, which is what prevents the bolt handle from sliding off. The bolt is stuck in that position of the first picture.

djdilliodon 10-17-2017 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amnesiac503 (Post 9711081)
I can't get it off! The bolt handle won't rotate for me to be able to depress the spring and remove the safety selector, which is what prevents the bolt handle from sliding off. The bolt is stuck in that position of the first picture.

Put the nose of the bolt in a padded vise to get a solid grip on the body, then push the handle down to decock the bolt. She will go just with these handles they are a wee bit stiff!

amnesiac503 10-17-2017 04:04 PM

I will try that, thank you.

amnesiac503 10-17-2017 06:02 PM

Oh man, finally got it. Thank you!

djdilliodon 10-17-2017 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amnesiac503 (Post 9711833)
Oh man, finally got it. Thank you!

Now send that handle back lol. How they are still making these blows my mind! These handles will change your headspace for the better or worse. When fitting a barrel it's no big deal but what really stinks is when you go to cock the rifle and the handle sticks not totally cocking the bolt. To get it to work you have jiggle the handle around and then it goes. I had one rifle where it didn't work at all!

Redog1 10-18-2017 07:49 AM

Does anyone actually like the Glade's bolt handle? I was about to order one since they are back in stock. Not many "of the shelf"options out there. Thx

brutusfire 10-18-2017 04:10 PM

I had the exact same problem with mine. It finally freed up and after I oiled it, its been trouble free. Its a great bolt handle , much better for my meat claw hand than the smaller stock one. I used a drop of Loc Tite Blue to secure the knob on and its a keeper. I have the more rounded knob . Bob

roysha 10-18-2017 04:14 PM

Why put such an UGLY piece of carp on any rifle? To me it looks quite similar to the wart on a witches nose. UGLY.

wkd 10-18-2017 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roysha (Post 9716273)
Why put such an UGLY piece of carp on any rifle? To me it looks quite similar to the wart on a witches nose. UGLY.

Yeah that!

palt1955 02-13-2019 12:25 PM

I love this forum...had the exact same issue when attempting to install my Glades handle...problem solved. Thanks to those who took the time to post both the issue and the solution:bthumb:

KyleAllen 02-13-2019 02:59 PM

Glades didnít work on my 455.

I tried

Gunsmith tried

Sent back with a detailed note and my invoice....Never heard back...at all

JDWinCO 02-13-2019 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roysha (Post 9716273)

For some it is all about geegaws and bling, for others it is operational efficiency.

A-Rob 02-14-2019 05:19 AM

FWIW, my Anarchy Outdoors bolt handle fit flawlessly and all critical dimensions measured identical to the OEM handle (checked with caliper).