RimfireCentral.com Forums

RimfireCentral.com Forums (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scopes, Sights, Rings & Mounts, and Other Optics (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Scopes (https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1194793)

Rod Blackburn 05-31-2020 02:30 PM

I have a variety of scopes on my .22 rf rifles. I shoot targets only & usually from the bench. If I was a hunter the list would be very different.

6x24 Bushnell 4200 Elite fine xhair & dot
6x24 Weaver V24 varmint dot xhair
Weaver T36 (4) 2 dot & 2 without
Sightron Sll 36X (2) fine xhair & dot

Klaatu 06-04-2020 05:57 PM

Seconded.

Klaatu 06-04-2020 06:00 PM

Whoops. "Seconding" the Mueller 6-24 x 50. Got a couple of 'em. Far as I remember. %%%% Covid.

tbates66 06-04-2020 06:55 PM

I've owned many different scopes and recently put a Tract 22Fire 4-12X on my new Bergara BXR .22, which as you may know is often called a 10/22 clone. I've owned a 10/22 and I like the Bergara better. I think the Tract is the best scope I have owned in a long time and only cost me $194, total cost...no shipping and no tax. The Warne rings i ordered with it are perfect. The Tract customer service is very personal and helpful....excellent in all regards. Read the reviews. They are uniformly positive and accurate. Will not go wrong with Tract.

stevebla 06-04-2020 08:13 PM

Vortex 6-24x50 Diamondback Tactical Riflescope First focal plane for $299 at BH photo
You have to call to get deal. Nice scope for $299
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...iflescope.html

HGWT 06-05-2020 02:44 PM

Don't think yo can get them any more but my 10/22, American Rimfire, and Savage A22 all have Nikon Rimfire scopes and each one does just fine 1//4" groups at f50 and 100 yds.

Rod Blackburn 06-05-2020 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HGWT (Post 11914093)
Don't think yo can get them any more but my 10/22, American Rimfire, and Savage A22 all have Nikon Rimfire scopes and each one does just fine 1//4" groups at f50 and 100 yds.

It would be great if you would post pics of those groups.

PuddleJumper65 06-05-2020 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PEASHOOTER67 (Post 11907265)
P.s.

Ne sure the parallax will focus down to less than 25 yards.

I just wanted to second this small adder to a great post,
I put some really good glass on my CZ that the Parrallax stops at 50 yards,
I struggle with it every time I shoot now... Just because I missed this detail when I picked out my scope..
Good luck:bthumb:
PJ

PEASHOOTER67 06-05-2020 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PuddleJumper65 (Post 11914185)
I just wanted to second this small adder to a great post,
I put some really good glass on my CZ that the Parrallax stops at 50 yards,
I struggle with it every time I shoot now... Just because I missed this detail when I picked out my scope..
Good luck:bthumb:
PJ


All is not lost with that scope sir.

You may be able to get it redone by the manufacturer to focus closer and lose distance.

You can also try this.
Play with the parallax and the ocular focus and see if you can get the sight picture in focus at 25 yards then get a plastic ocular cover that fits snug and the fit is repeatable or if the scope is so equipped a screw in cap.

Carefully as best you can drill a small hole in the center of the cap , start small and work you way up to a hole that allows a clear picture through the hole and walla !!!!!!!!!!!! You are parallax free at this point and only have to worry about focus.

The hole in the cap forces you to the same spot and helps focus the image also. Your eye will be oriented in the same spot in a repeatable manor that virtually eliminates causes of parallax.

Will the parallax still be there?
Yes.......but since you will be looking through a hole that doesnít shift or move and as long as your image of the target and the cross hair are clear then your poi/poa will remain consistent.


"The biggest communication problem is we don't listen to understand, we listen to reply"

Nick7274 06-05-2020 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rod Blackburn (Post 11914129)
Quote:

Originally Posted by HGWT (Post 11914093)
Don't think yo can get them any more but my 10/22, American Rimfire, and Savage A22 all have Nikon Rimfire scopes and each one does just fine 1//4" groups at f50 and 100 yds.

It would be great if you would post pics of those groups.

Maybe he meant 1" - 4" groups from 50 - 100 yards....???

Rod Blackburn 06-06-2020 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick7274 (Post 11914389)
Maybe he meant 1" - 4" groups from 50 - 100 yards....???

If he is shooting 1/4" groups at 100 yards he should be competing at the Olympic level.

PuddleJumper65 06-09-2020 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PEASHOOTER67 (Post 11914367)
All is not lost with that scope sir.

You may be able to get it redone by the manufacturer to focus closer and lose distance.

You can also try this.
Play with the parallax and the ocular focus and see if you can get the sight picture in focus at 25 yards then get a plastic ocular cover that fits snug and the fit is repeatable or if the scope is so equipped a screw in cap.

Carefully as best you can drill a small hole in the center of the cap , start small and work you way up to a hole that allows a clear picture through the hole and walla !!!!!!!!!!!! You are parallax free at this point and only have to worry about focus.

The hole in the cap forces you to the same spot and helps focus the image also. Your eye will be oriented in the same spot in a repeatable manor that virtually eliminates causes of parallax.

Will the parallax still be there?
Yes.......but since you will be looking through a hole that doesn’t shift or move and as long as your image of the target and the cross hair are clear then your poi/poa will remain consistent.


"The biggest communication problem is we don't listen to understand, we listen to reply"

Thanks a lot for the info, :bthumb: I’ve adjusted the ocular lenses all over the place and played with the parallax and can get it close but not great, so rather then fight it I think i’m going to move that scope to another Centerfire rifle I have and give the Diamondback a try,,
PJ,:beerchug:

ibbuckshot 06-10-2020 11:02 AM

Greetings folks,
There are only about 12 or so shooter in our little group and about half are using the 8-32 Muller scopes....We have found they are , for the money, a very good rimfire scope. Yes, I have higher quality scopes also but for anyone who is getting started in any type of long range 22 shooting these Muller (chinese) scopes give a novice as well as those of us who have been around for many years a very good option....I really love my Night Force 12-42 that I took off my now unused 1000 yard 6mm bench rest gun ......It now lives on my CZ 455 Tacticool......We shoot from 30 yards on out to 200 yards and for my old eyes it suits me fine as do the Mullers......Read the reviews and try to find someone who has a Muller and you can see for your self...Good luck....

PEASHOOTER67 06-10-2020 01:32 PM

Scopes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PuddleJumper65 (Post 11918299)
Thanks a lot for the info, :bthumb: Iíve adjusted the ocular lenses all over the place and played with the parallax and can get it close but not great, so rather then fight it I think iím going to move that scope to another Centerfire rifle I have and give the Diamondback a try,,
PJ,:beerchug:

Sorry it didnít work out. I goes that way sometimes.

I hear the diamondback are ok.

If itís the mid tier of vortex I think you will be satisfied.


"The biggest communication problem is we don't listen to understand, we listen to reply"

MKIIISS 06-11-2020 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PEASHOOTER67 (Post 11919119)
Sorry it didnít work out. I goes that way sometimes.

I hear the diamondback are ok.

If itís the mid tier of vortex I think you will be satisfied.


"The biggest communication problem is we don't listen to understand, we listen to reply"

I have the older Diamondback HP which is discontinued. I called Vortex the other day to ask what scope in their lineup is its equivalent because I am looking for one comparable. Vortex told me it was the Viper HS.

If the new Diamondback is comparable to the HP, then I would call it a very good scope. I don't dial elevation or anything so I have no idea about that.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 PM.

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com