Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Scam on Weatherby XXII Bolt?

5K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  fourbore 
#1 ·
I see what appears to be the same picture of a perfect Weatherby XXII Bolt on two different sites, one is GI. One for $1,595 and one for $900.

Surely a scam?

I sent the GI lister a message.

#11 ·
That kink of pricing is insane, it is just an Anschutz 1416 dolled up. I bought one when the first came out, I think I paid 900 for it. It was a .17hmr and it was a POS and did not shoot for beans. It was real pretty tho. I sold it down the road after trying a bunch of ammo.

#12 ·
I agree with you. Long before I'd cough up 1800 (or even 1400) I'd add a few shekels and get a 1712. (and I have owned dozens of 1700 series rifles)
The current high price for 1416s or their equivalent,helps to add buoyancy to the Weatherbys. Plus, I'm not even sure if Anschutz offers a standard weight barrel version now for the 64 actions.

Pretty always sells however. For some, it may be as close as they'll get to something like a Canyon Creek custom,(though no comparison) and that's fine too.

#14 ·
Armslist sometimes has scammers Be careful

Just beware of customers that don't want to talk on the phone(accents). Watch out for odd wording or sentences(second language or words used out of context). Watch out for prices that are a little too good. Stolen pictures from other sites are a dead giveaway. Lots of these are in Michigan for whatever reason. I caught several scams just messing around.

#16 ·
Just beware of customers that don't want to talk on the phone(accents). Watch out for odd wording or sentences(second language or words used out of context). Watch out for prices that are a little too good. Stolen pictures from other sites are a dead giveaway. Lots of these are in Michigan for whatever reason. I caught several scams just messing around.
No surprise to me that these suspect listings are in Michigan.

#17 ·
Wow, I think I've found another scammer over on Armslist. (Weather XXII Bolt again).

Exact same pictures used as one that sold on Gunbroker on 12/23/2019. Of course the price is too good to be true, so....it isn't.

Thing that caught my eye, it looked a twin to one I bought from a fellow in North Dakota last spring. Not the same but wow, same tree:)!

I have a note in to the fellow who sold the gun in December (WVA) to see if this fellow in TN bought it and is now trying to sell it at 50% of what he paid for it....I know...duh.

I've bought a couple of times on Armslist, both were in person transactions. Gotta be so careful.

#18 ·
I still haven't shot my Weatherby/Anschutz. I guess I better get to it. As others say above, pretty is nice, but.

IF the rifle doesn't shoot, it will get pretty ugly to me pretty fast!

I don't know why it wouldn't shoot? Anschutz action/barrell and Weatherby stock?

Fingers crossed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.