Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > Other Rimfire Guns > Remington > Model 597

Please support RFC by supporting our sponsors!

Old 10-16-2012, 06:58 PM
454ho

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
linkage issue

Did a search and think I found a couple threads that might be describing the issue I am having. My symptom is that to put gun on 'safe' I have to push the trigger forward just a tad. Also the trigger is always heavy, but sometimes it is almost impossible to pull.

This thread - Small Mysterious bushing loose in trigger group - describes there being a 'bushing' that is supposed to be pressed onto the pin that holds the 1st and 2nd linkages together.

And Al's picture from this thread - Safety Won't Engage When Pointed Up - leads me to think my rifle is missing this 'bushing', assuming it is that shiny part between the linkage and the head of the cocked hammer.

I think what should happen is the folded over tab on the 2nd linkage is supposed to catch the 1st linkage (I'm numbering from the bottom of the pic up), but since mine does not have that bushing, the linkage 'overextends' and that causes it to bind. In the first thread it was suggested to call Remington to get a replacement trigger group. Is that what I need to do?
Old 10-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Team RFC
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Team RFC Since: 
Sep 2012
Team RFC To: 
Dec 2016
I think Remington has been very good about replacing the trigger group for that problem. A few people had to wait awhile because Remington was out of parts though.