Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Ramline M70 Lockarm Stock folding mod

8K views 64 replies 16 participants last post by  Big Shrek 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, I finally got the parts in...and it was a VERY fast job.
First ya needa Ramline M70 Lockarm stock from Numrich for $15.
This also fits the 795 if you drill a hole for the LSHO lever.
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=885350A&catid=4066

Then you needa Advanced Technology SKS Retrofit kit for $7
http://www.centerfiresystems.com/retsks02.aspx

First you drill (5/16"bit) a centerpunch hole thru the center of the original stop and once the two pieces split, you push them out & then remove the lockarm, then remove the fixed cam with the blade.

Fold the lockarm across the stock and place the cam inside the hole with the spring on the bottom.

Stick the pin thru the top hole and leave about 3/8" above the stock...then tighten setscrew slightly and Check the lock/unlock function. Adjust if needed.

Tighten screw with a 5/64" allen wrench. Test several times & make sure it's right where you want it.

Slap in your 795/70/995/989/989m2/etc barrelled action and it's a done deal :D

There is a little play once you are done, but it's really not any worse than the wiggle it already had.
However, I think building up the back wall will resolve the stock slop...I'm considering epoxy or some sort of plastic filler.
Heck, even a little moleskin might do the trick ;)

See less See more
#4 ·
There is a little play once you are done, but it's really not any worse than the wiggle it already had.
However, I think building up the back wall will resolve the stock slop...I'm considering epoxy or some sort of plastic filler.
Heck, even a little moleskin might do the trick ;)
Shrek, I solved the stock wobble problem on my ATI folder buy using a small piece of Velcro between the two halves of the stock.
I used a small piece of the felt 1/2 [ not the plastic loop 1/2 ] of self adhesive Velcro squares. I opened the folder and stuck it on the inside of the fixed 1/2 of the stock.

#6 ·
Question for Big Shrek or anyone else who has this stock, What's the length of pull on this stock compared to the original synthetic stock? The way the receiver sits forward in it makes it look like it might be longer, but it's hard to tell for sure. Thanks!

#7 ·
70p/70pss

I ran across someone altering this stock to fit either his 70P, or 70PSS, a while ago. I thought it was a great idea given that I really like the Papoose, but I don't like the idea of having almost no room for my support hand. Have any of you seen what I am referring to, or perhaps, is it not that uncommon? I just did a quick search to see if I could find it, and include it in this post, but I didn't come up with anything.

#8 · (Edited)
Found an image of it

And the forum where I found the image HERE

The way this was done won't give much additional room for your hand, but you could either leave more of the stock there and route out the inside to create a pocket for the nut, or you could simple attach a forward pistol grip right in fron of the mag well. That would look pretty crazy!

#11 ·
I had to share pics from another member on another site

Jdub229r did a Heck of a Job on his :)

I finally finished my 795. I was waiting on the conversion kit. Put a paint job on the main part of the stock for a nice contrast. Got a UTG dove tail to Picatinny riser & mounted my Nikon 3-9x40 to test her out. 1-1/2" to 2" groups w/ Fed 550pack 36g HP @ 100-yard - Needs more breaking in & some trigger work.

I honestly hadn't thought of painting the plastic stock, but it definitely looks GREAT!!

Gives me a few ideas for upgrade later down the road on mine ;)

#16 ·
I took one pic early...but ended up hollowing that out towards the downside wall a lot more.

Also had to remove material inside the stock to give the LSHO lever room to move along the long edge.

You'll see what I mean after you drill out the initial holes.

I oughta shoot some more pics...

#17 ·
Thanks for the photo Big Shrek. Got one of these for my birthday, did the drilling last night. Went alot easier than I thought. Ordered the retro fit kit to make it a true folder. PSYCHED!

I do have one concern though, The trigger guard doesn't appear to sit quite flush, even though it seems to have enough space and sitting correctly. I can see a little sliver of space right where the mag-well is. Anyone else experience this? Is it just the way the stock is, or do I have an issue? Thanks!

#19 ·
Yes, it leaves a sliver, but thusfar since it's pretty much a non-issue, I've left it so far.

The OLD models had a two-piece trigger guard...where they used a Marlin 60 T/G and laid a Mag Well piece over the T/G,
giving it a proper fit.

If you wish to make it asthetically pleasing by carving that ridge down a bit, feel free.
Just try not to take too much off it.

#22 ·
Heh, no bump needed, I shot a pic of the little rascal last nite...

But it wasn't lit as well as I had hoped...

So far I've resisted scoping it...I've got a spare BSA 4x12 lying around...

I'm thinking Tech Sights...haven't quite made up my mind yet, as the Target Rear Sight from Numrich is doing quite well.

#30 ·
Yep, basically, when Bill Clinton (scumbag) created and passed the Assault Weapons Ban during his term...
it outlawwed folding stocks, among other things like high capacity mags...etc...etc...

So Ramline made all their stocks with a poured-in modification instead of a release button.
After the ban Expired...(Thank God) and Congress realized that if they passed it again they'd all get fired again.

So...Ramline went back to making the Folding stocks...but they forgot all about Marlins. (Ramline = @$$hats)
The scuzballs won't even make the Model 70 30-round mags anymore, either

Sooooooo...we found that Numrich had a supply of the old Marlin Model 70 Lockarms, and got to work ;)

So the Ramline Lockarms are ONLY AVAILABLE UNTIL NUMRICH RUNS OUT!!!
And at the low price of $14.90 instead of the $89.95 that 1022 owners are coughing up,
it's a STEAL of a DEAL!! You add in the $9 ATI SKS-Retrofit kit and it's a $25 folder :D

#34 · (Edited)
I want to do this so bad but I cant justify this mod. Ill lose all the storage space the factory stock affords me.

Does this actually offer any advantage besides tacticool?

****it!
Makes it easier to mount Pic rails to the sides of the stock ;)

Even lighter than the OEM Synthetic stock...

Saves space in storing the weapon. Fits easily under a truck seat/in a toolbox/etc.

Which reminds me, anyone got a 'Poose bag to see if it fits in one??
Take a few pics :D

Let's see your storage solutions!!!! How do YOU guys store your new Folder??? :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.