Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > Other Rimfire Guns > CZ / Brno

Notices

Please support RFC by supporting our sponsors!

Old 03-12-2010, 01:44 PM
troy123
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The New 455

Sorry I can't do pictures so what it's worth here goes. Have had my CZ455 for two weeks have had it to the range twice. First the finish is just great on the whole gun the bluing is perfect and I think I lucked out. The wood on the stock is REALLY very nice Walnut. I have to say was close it sending it back loved the gun and the looks but hated shooting it.
The one problem was some of the time I had to force the bolt closed with my thumb or I couldn't get the bolt closed. The bolt not closing, I found the bolt was shaving a nice grove in the bullet as it chambered a round it did it to the second and third round in the magazine. The last two were fine less spring tension. I sat down yesterday to see what I could do with it. The left a very sharp edge on the bottom of the bolt after three trys with my Dremel problem is solved. I just put a nice rounded edge to stop the shaving.
Another problem is the bolt sticking when it is all the way back again you have to push it with your thumb to get it started. I did get it a lot better but I figure will wear in with more shooting.
Shooting I can say I'm not to impressed my Savage MK2 and Ruger77-22 have out shot it. But the groove it cut into the bullets maybe a good reason for the poor accuracy.
The barrel is held on by two allen screws that are drilled into the receiver diagonally and match up with two grooves in the barrel. As far as interchanging the way the manual reads you have to buy them as a set the SN is on the barrel and receiver so not sure you can interchange with just any barrel
Old 03-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Tinmanic
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I can't say I'm pleased with this report. My 455 should be here next week, and I'm hoping it will be better.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:05 PM
timberbeast
Team RFC

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Yes, we hoped for perfection -- or at least as good as the 452.

Sounds like some rough edges, but hopefully nothing that can't be worked out.

troy123 -- you might want to forward these comments to CZ-USA. Also, please follow up with a range report with bullets that aren't deformed.

Tinmanic -- don't be too discouraged. Try several kinds of ammo and recognize that the problems listed by troy123 are fixable.

Interesting first report -- I'm looking forward to more.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:38 PM
OldSwede
Team RFC

TPC Rating: 
100% (72)
Team RFC Since: 
Dec 2003
Team RFC To: 
Dec 2015
My luck is holding true - this guy has had his 455 in hand for over two weeks , and yet my WHOLESALER still lists the things as "not available".
Old 03-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Ralph Spoilsport

TPC Rating: 
88% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSwede View Post
My luck is holding true - this guy has had his 455 in hand for over two weeks , and yet my WHOLESALER still lists the things as "not available".
In stock at Bud's and ready to ship for $466
Old 03-12-2010, 03:13 PM
DeadEyeDan
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
...Well the 77 22 is a superb rifle, very, very accurate. the issues with that bolt though are not so good. would get it repaired or try and get a replacement.

Just yesterday I had to take my Beretta Neos (1 week and 100+rounds old) in for repair. I didnt want a replacement because its so darn accurate. Hopefully in 2 months I will be shooting it again
Old 03-12-2010, 04:32 PM
newbie2
Team RFC

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Team RFC Since: 
Dec 2013
Team RFC To: 
Dec 2015
I am curious about the clearance of the bolt knob and the ocular of the scope. I always have truble etting them low to the barrel and have clearance for the bolt. How does it look on the 455? What scope do you have mounted?

thanx
Old 03-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Team RFC
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (25)
Team RFC Since: 
Nov 2007
Team RFC To: 
Dec 2016
Troy, I'd highly recommend calling CZ-USA and discussing your findings so far, not sounding too good right now but as was said should be fixable. Let us know how it goes.

Esse Quam Videri....ya'll
Old 03-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Hornet 6

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Send a message via AIM to Hornet 6 Send a message via Skype™ to Hornet 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy123 View Post
Another problem is the bolt sticking when it is all the way back again you have to push it with your thumb to get it started.
Is this a .22lr or an HMR/WMR ?

As for the serial numbers, well from the factory as a complete gun they would match, doesn't mean seperate barrels will not be available.

Neil.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:52 PM
troy123
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The scope I just stuck a BSA 3x9x32 have a Mueller coming is on order. The bolt clears the scope by about a half inch. I forgot one thing the magazine well has a spacer that I would guess you remove to shoot the larger calibers mine is .22LR. In fact when you remove the stock the pin and spacer falls out. Took a few minutes to figure out where it came from As far as the bolt sticking back if you held the trigger back everything was very smooth. You can feel the sear is very rough were it holds the bolt in. I took a file to it and is a lot better now just a sight pressure with your thumb and it's free so I hope just shooting it will free up completely. I just hate to have to send this gun back I really do like it now I have my problems taken care of. I will say both days I shot it it was very windy but still my other .22 shot OK. But that bolt really cut a pretty good groove in the bullets so I hope it will fix that accuracy problem also

Last edited by troy123; 03-12-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Tinmanic

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberbeast63 View Post
Tinmanic -- don't be too discouraged. Try several kinds of ammo and recognize that the problems listed by troy123 are fixable.

Interesting first report -- I'm looking forward to more.
Yep. I feel a bit better that I'm only paying $385 for mine because it is a writer's sample return, and I'm hopeful that CZ wouldn't send a sample that had such issues out for professional review. My FFL has been a little slow on the uptake so far, so I'm not sure when mine will be here, but as I said, I'll do my best to provide as much info as possible when I get it. I've already committed to measure the action screws for HotRod9mm, so if there is anything else I can do, let me know.

I refuse to get discouraged about it until I have mine in hand.

Troy, how is the trigger?

Last edited by Tinmanic; 03-12-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Sophia
RFC Admin Team
Team RFC

RFC Admin Team
TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinmanic View Post
I refuse to get discouraged about it until I have mine in hand.
Good attitude. Looking forward to your review, too.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:00 AM
da357mag
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Send a message via Yahoo to da357mag
Thumbs up Just like

Anything else, they got to get the bugs worked out, and with a little luck it will
all come out in the end. DA
Old 03-13-2010, 06:16 AM
Team RFC
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (25)
Team RFC Since: 
Nov 2007
Team RFC To: 
Dec 2016
I've already committed to measure the action screws for HotRod9mm, so if there is anything else I can do, let me know.

Bob going to make replacement Torx screws for the factory Torx screws, now that sounds funny but I'm probably missing something there.

Esse Quam Videri....ya'll
Old 03-13-2010, 11:39 AM
obx22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just guessing, but I'd be willing to bet the bolt face contacts the barrel, causing stiff cycling. Headspace is gonna effect cycling as well. The headspace might be adjustable with shims. The barrel lock-up reminds me of the last generation of High Standards, an interesting approach. Wish I could get the specs of the barrel tenon compaired to the Rem. 504.
Can't wait to see one of these in person.
Take care and good luck with your new rifle,
warren