Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > Those Non-Rimfire Guns > Air Rifles

Notices

Please support RFC by supporting our sponsors!

Old 07-29-2008, 07:01 PM
T191032

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The N-Tea Trio

The N-Tea Trio

I saw them coming some ways off, so I was tryin' to get my shootin' irons and fill 'em! They had one of the meanest reputations in the area, always wearin' them fancy gaudy yeller kerchief's to dare a man into a fight. Just the slightest word of the uninformed provoked them into action, usually with deadly consequences! I had heard in town they were on a killin' spree; and now here they come, towards my ole' Grampa's cabin.
Grampa had always been a big-bore man and just shook his head when I showed off my fancy flat-shootin' small bore.
"Boy, that lil pip-squeek gonna get ya kilt! Ya need a bigger gun!"
I didn't believe, and I still clung to the lighter-kickin' little bores, but I did relent and got a deal on a big bore cannon. Grampa hollared and laughed the first time I shot it! It bucked and rocked me rough!
"Missed her clean, ya did!" Then he proceeded to show me how it was done, cleanin' up the target with five straight shots. "Keep on trying, you'll get it."
I didn't keep on trying. I went back to the little bores, and enjoyed them well enough. But they weren't close by! All I had in the cabin was grampa's little carbine and my big bore! I had intended to do some more practice with it, but still didn't like the kick! I loaded both and prepared.
The N-Tea Trio was close now, I saw, glancin out the winder, and I went over to the door, ready to show I was ready for 'em! That was a mistake! I stood there at the door, that big bore cannon leveled at them and hollared for 'em to leave, but they stood their ground! The biggest one, in the center, shot at me, and thankfully missed! I shot back with that big bore and hit the youngest, on my left. He went down and stayed down!
I ducked back to reload, but dropped the darn round, so I grabbed up Grampa' carbine and whirled out, takin' a level on the biggest, I hit him, but he didn't fall! And his brother hit me. I ducked back again, and didn't fumble with the second round this time! That little carbine of Grampa's was quicker to load that the big cannon I had bought! I ducked out again, and had a close call, but got my shot off, taking down the other, to my right!
As the rounds hit the cabin, I grabbed up the round for that big cannon and loaded it! Now, we'd see if it was good for a wounded bear or not! Yes! I hit him and he went down for the count!
Maybe I'd buy me some more of those rounds for the big bore and get used to shooting it afterall!

The N-Tea Trio

To the left, hit with the "big bore cannon"

"He's still standin'!"

Down on the right!

Put 'em down with the Big Bore Cannon!

The Big Bore Cannon (Compasseco TF-99 .22 caliber Magnum) and Grampa's Carbine (CZ Slavia 622)

What, I'm in the Air Rifle forum, what'd ya think I was talkin' 'bout?
Old 07-29-2008, 10:10 PM
varmintgetter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to varmintgetter Send a message via Yahoo to varmintgetter
It's so fun when they are filled with water huh?
Old 07-29-2008, 11:25 PM
samven
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I knew that 622 was going to be a good little plinker. Look at the bright side you save allot of walking if you dont have to set the targets up every time you hit them. You could suspend them on strings from tree branches and then when you hit them see if you can load and hit them again before they stop swinging.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:34 AM
T191032

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I came up with this little storyline after I was done shooting my TF-99. I wanted to see what they would do, and having mentioned in one of my Crosman threads about never knowing when pop cans might attack, I had that inspiration for a little fun. Since I had three Nestea aluminum cans, they became the Notorious N-Tea gang. LOL

Yes, they can be fun when filled with water. What I found to be interesting is the two hit with the Slavia - I used Daisy Precision Max Wadcutters in both - had more of an upward splash than the one hit by the TF-99.
That had been the case when I shot three pop cans with a RM-377, 760 and 1377 Crosman, impact sound was loudest when the pellet from the 1377 contacted.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:35 AM
j.r. guerra in s. texas

TPC Rating: 
100% (28)
ooeooeooo - wah wah wah

Looks like you took care of them sneaky varmints right off. Sounds like fun was had by all - thats the important part.