Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > Other Rimfire Guns > Savage/Stevens

Please support RFC by supporting our sponsors!

Old 02-16-2007, 03:26 PM
prest
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs down Savage customer service?

I want to know of your experiences with Savage's customer service. I sent a 93FSS back to the factory over two months ago, for crooked cut dovetails in the barrel,and have been getting the runaround.I called a few times and they told me they don't have any in yet. I called again they told me they got in a shipment but they were all spoken for already.I didn't get that , a customer that got a bum rifle should come first ,you would think,right? I called again today and they said the Canadian company that makes them will have more ready in a week or two and they would send me mine in about 3 weeks.I think it's horrible customer service to make someone wait 3 months to get a rifle repaired or replaced.I like the rifle and bought because I was interested in the ACCUTRIGGER but if I knew their customer service was a nightmare I would have bought a Marlin,because I know their service is top notch.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:42 PM
SubOne22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Luckily my Savage rifles have not needed warranty or factory repair, but I have heard from fellow shooters at my range about lousy Savage service. I love my Savage rifles, but the more I hear about their service, the less likely I am to buy another one.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:43 PM
shepmankev

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
I just sent my .17 in yesterday because the holes for the front weaver style base were drilled bad and made the base sit at an angle. I hope I get some decent service.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:03 PM
JEE
Team RFC

TPC Rating: 
100% (58)
There are many people that get a good Savage first time, but for those who don't, it can be extremely frustrating. I just hope their customer service department gets their act together along with the QC department, but as far as that goes, I blame the management.

If you don't run a tight ship...

...it will eventually sink.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Dinohntr
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Savage

Really strange? I have called Savage 2 times and have had a very good results. ie,parts shipped same day as ordered, backtracking mod.# on old savage to get the correct parts. I have had more trouble at Wallyworld returning a pair of pants. Go figure?
Old 02-16-2007, 05:52 PM
0rygun

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
All of my dealings with Savage have been great.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:11 PM
JimD2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have ordered parts for my centerfire Savage and gotten quick service. I ordered some parts to install a second action screw in my MKII about a month ago and still do not have them. I don't think the link between the Savage site you order the parts from and the Canadian factory that makes the rimfires is very good. The parts ladies are polite but say to just keep waiting. I am a bit frustrated too. I think the real problem is in Canada.

Jim
Old 02-16-2007, 10:57 PM
armed in utah

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My experience with Savage C/S....

Never had to send back a rifle for any reason...but for parts I find the Savage C/S people very helpful...Savage has came a long way turning the company around....building very accurate rifles...new interesting models...listening to the shooting public...hats off to Savage Arms !
Old 02-17-2007, 05:32 AM
crazy2medic
Fire Fighter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to crazy2medic
my 93r17 had the chamber cut too tight! sent it off to savage, they fixed it and sent it back! took 3 weeks!
Old 04-10-2007, 10:15 AM
prest

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
4 months now and still waiting .I called today and they said it was at the gunsmiths and would ship this week or early next.That's the same thing I heard 3 weeks ago,only at that time it was at the range getting test fired. .I liked the gun but the company sucks to deal with.If I don't get it by the end of next week,i'll be ****ed even more than I am now.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:27 AM
jorton

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Had a bad feeding problem and it looked like the clip. Called Savage and they sent out a new one immediately without cost to me. Sorry to hear your situation isn't working out so well. I've heard good things from others about there service.

Jason
Old 04-10-2007, 11:31 AM
djdilliodon
Team RFC

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Team RFC Since: 
Dec 2012
Team RFC To: 
Oct 2015
i just called savage to get a new clip as this one doesnt feed well and they just sent me a new one no questions asked!
Old 04-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Dinohntr
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Service

Strange,I have had 3 dealings with savage and all were prompt. I was amazed at the wonderful service and knowkedge from the person I talked with. Grade A # 1 here.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Mark223
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have had one dealing with Savage, and they have been great!! The only disappointment about my rifle is the way it feeds with the clip. I am going to try a new clip and see how it goes.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:01 PM
guest0

apparently some of the magazines are a little tight at the front end. Try gently bending that front piece out slightly, just so it gives the nose of the bullet slightly more clearance, and see if that helps. That made some slightly longer CCI rounds feed great for me, whereas previously they would sometimes not even pop up without jiggling the mag a bunch of times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark223 View Post
I have had one dealing with Savage, and they have been great!! The only disappointment about my rifle is the way it feeds with the clip. I am going to try a new clip and see how it goes.