Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:26 PM
SDWhirlwind
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

George, I have been watching the prices on GB for several years and some have really surprised me at what they did sell for. IIRC within the last 6 months there was a real nice civvy HB that sold for well over 2 big ones? It was nice and I was pretty stunned it brought that. However, there aren't many nice non CMP guns being sold and nothing new American made really in a quality bench gun collectors and serious shooters are taking the liberty of paying premium prices for nice ones that come up for sale rarely it seems anymore? Least that is my take on it.

Sure hurts for the hosing I got last fall from a gent who I tried to help out getting him a 40-X for his son and took advantage of me and my situation at the time. Walked out with 4 40X/XB's and I let him and still haven't figured out why I did????? Had no plans of selling more than 1 or 2 prior to his arrival and surely not for the price I did. Guess the bright side is it has been 6 months and he hasn't come back to see if he can do it again! Darn stroke sure messed up my 'thinkin/figurin' part of my melon many days.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:09 PM
Douglas Rome
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
I have a 40X>>>>>XR in my closet. I got it as a barreled
receiver and it has a skinny barrel. thanks, douglas
Old 04-18-2017, 05:03 PM
rich56

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
40XR Just Right!

I bought a 40XR from a reference from a forum member. 24" "mid weight" barreled, wood position stock. I've had the 2 different CMP rifles, one too heavy, one too light, both too long. The XR barrel is just like a Remington varmint or Milspec barrel. I've used this rifle for silhouette and now as a tactical/f class trainer. My rifle was rough externally so it was considerably cheaper than those shown plus I sold the sights and stock to finance my build. Knowing what it is , I would consider the rifles shown for the prices they went for. I trade a lot of rifles. Never letting go this rifle.