Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

The Frustrations of a new build.

941 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Marlinbob 
#1 ·
Last year I sold off my trusty old 10/22 custom that had served me well for over 10 years of competition use, I had tried to get hold of a full Kidd Supergrade in the STC stock but had no luck so its time to start building something new.
The idea is a multi purpose rifle that will serve for various competitions from 25 to 200 yards
As luck would have it a local gun-shop had a very nice AMT Lightning on the shelf in excellent condition but minus the original stock so that is the start.

AMT action and bolt with EDM extractor
Kidd single stage match trigger
Green Mountain 20" fluted barrel
Bell and Carlson Anschutz style stock
Weaver 44/40 6.5-20 x 44

I have gone for a Green Mountain barrel because I have never had a bad one and the last 20" one I had was exceptional.
The stock will be milled out to fit an accessory rail but here's the snag, the stock is impossible to get hold of in the UK and no USA supplier will deal with any UK customer. Its so **** frustrating to have the perfect rifle ( for me ) in mind and not be able to complete it for the lack of one thing.

See less See more
#2 ·
Marlinbob I'm not sure how it works over there but aren't there any dealers in England that can get products from the manufacturer from United States .Stocky Stocks is a dealer here in the US that sells a lot of Bell and Carlson. I would think a dealer over there would be able to inquire on how they could obtain a stock to sell for you. I obviously have no idea ,but I would think a gun dealer over there would be a good place to start .I hope you end up finding a way to build this rifle good luck and keep us updated.

#4 ·
No joy with Midway ( now Brownells UK ) I have a good contact in their company and they will be supplying the barrel.
I have just managed to get hold of a used B&C Anschutz thumbhole which will do in place of the preferred straight grip version.
The stock looks a little bit battered but I can factor in a paint job or hydrodip with the money saved over a new one.
The trigger arrived today so things are moving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.