Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Browning black label 1911 22

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Badlandsboy 
#1 ·
Hey guys I have been looking at this pistol in the threaded and non threaded models. I was just wondering how everyone likes them? And how do they suppress because I notice the barrel isn't hard mounted like most other 22 pistols I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 · (Edited)
I have the longer version of it , and it works very well suppressed. I to was concerned about the loose barrel fit when you add a suppressor. The pistol itself is a gem , a bit pricey IMHO. One concern is that the sights are low enough to the bore axis that the wider suppressors will block your sight view. On mine only ones that are 1" or less in diameter do not interfere with the sight picture. Weight of the suppressor is a concern as the pistol itself is so light weight and it changes it's in hand balance. Silencerco make a nice light weight suppressor called the Warlock that works very well on my gun. The Browning is very reliable and functions flawlessly. Two other suppressor ready pistols to consider are the S&W MP22 Compact - threaded and Walther P22 Threaded. The loose barrel fit of the Browning is of no concern that I have seen , but if you are still concerned about it then the S&W MP22 Compact might fit the bill for you and it is a very nice pistol also. I have both , and like both. Between the S&W ,Walther P22 & the Browning , all suppressed I do prefer the Browning .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.