why does kidd recommend the Magpul over the Victor Titan stock? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-23-2016, 06:58 PM
NCchris
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)

First, let me say that I have a lot of Magpul stuff on my AR 15's, AR 10's and one 870. It all works very well for it's intended purpose. When I got ready to stock my Kidd (it was in a Hogue) I ordered the Titan along with their rear attachment lug. I had absolutely no issues whatsoever attaching my Kidd to the Titan and it was quite an upgrade from the Hogue. I have a short rail on the front for an Atlas bipod and use the quick release swivel stud on the forend for a short shoulder loop sing for shooting without the bipod. I am pleased with my purchase of the Titan stock. It also wears a Leupold 6.5 to 20 EFR Airgun scope in Seekins rings. One of my centerfire buddies was astounded to see how much cash you can tie up in a 22!
I would also expect the Magpul to be high quality as well. I would purchase the Titan again.
chris
Old 12-28-2016, 12:21 PM
billysue
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have three Titans with their hold down. They have Kidd actions, barrels and triggers. The Titan hold down is superior to the Kidd in my opinion. Why ? Well with the Kidd the hold down screws in from the top. When I wanted to take the action/barrel off, the scope was in the way. With the Titan the hold down screws in from the bottom and you can take it apart intact. The Titan is also beefier and easier to set the torque . Can't get a fat wrench into the Kidd with it scoped.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:29 PM
CSPCRX
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have no idea why kidd does but I looked at both when I got my new Kidd barrel. I went X-22 just because of the features like adjustable LOP, check riser and M-lok options. Since mine is more of a field plinker those were attractive to me. Mine arrives next week so I hope to have real hands on feedback soon.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:07 AM
MarkS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just put a Kidd Supergrade together. I had a Titan stock on another 10-22. I got a Titan rear anchor for Kidd action, moved the Titan stock to the Kidd action. Works great!! The Titan stock is the only way to go for a Kidd action, IMO.

Mark
Old 01-03-2017, 05:21 PM
OleFreak

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Why …? My --> “guess” <-- is that Magpul probably offered ‘em a really honkin’ deal on a truck load of X-22 stocks. In a cruise through the SS Match barrel Q&A section you’ll find that Kidd still recommends fully floating the barrel for best harmonics, which translates into greater accuracy potential. Titan stocks, with or without their version of the Kidd receiver rear anchor, allow you to adjust out any clearance betwixt their stock and trigger housing’s backside, or with their Kidd rear anchor, bolt down the receiver’s backside, either way allowing for a full float of the barrel all the while preventing the barreled action from teeter tottering within the stock, pivoting overtop the original design’s single action screw. The X-22 stock design relies on a still better than nutin, barrel proper upper thing-a-ma-jig located somewhere within the barrel channel.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:30 PM
trails2004

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks OleFreak!
Old 01-03-2017, 08:43 PM
Tyendor
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by olefreak View Post
better than nutin, barrel proper upper thing-a-ma-jig
Old 01-11-2017, 10:50 AM
krakshot
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
i just wanted to thank everyone for taking the time to give me the input I needed. I decided to go with the Victor Titan stock. It arrived on Monday. From the time that I opened it until the time it was finished I was blown away. The precision with which it is made and the packaging, just scream quality. I had absolutely zero issues installing my silver all Kidd build in the olive drab stock. The barrel is perfectly centered, the rear hold down precisely fit the Kidd receiver and sits perfectly flush with the stock.
I also want to thank both Michael and Heather Victor for their great customer service and friendly demeanor. I will be calling them again for a stock for my 17hm2 10/22 conversion with Kidd parts. Now I just have to wait for a calm day that coincides with a day off to try my new rifle out.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:22 PM
supersharp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I did a complete Kidd build with receiver ,barrel and trigger group .I used a Magpul x22 stock it is extremely tight with no space at the back of the receiver .The barrel.920 is dead center in the barrel channel and is also completely free floating .I love the feel of this stock and it has turned out to be an extremely accurate rifle
Old 01-12-2017, 07:25 PM
red930turbo

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Krakshot...show us your rifle

Would love to see some pics of your finished build.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:23 AM
krakshot

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by red930turbo View Post
Would love to see some pics of your finished build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2017, 05:44 PM
trails2004

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krakshot View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow ... great work!
Old 01-22-2017, 07:10 AM
US Navy Veteran Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That is NICE!
Old 01-23-2017, 08:10 AM
krakshot

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Don,
Thank you and thanks for your service!
David