Volquartzen - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-07-2017, 02:16 PM
gwc1584
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Volquartzen

I have a problem with the safety on a Volquartzen TG200. I cannot engage the safety. The safety button will not go past halfway. Other than that, the trigger pull is great and there are no other issues with the trigger group.

I have sent an email to Volquartzen over a week ago, with no answer. I have called and left a message. No return call yet.

Has anyone had a problem with the TG2000 trigger group? Any ideas on fixing the safety issue?

I am not in a rush to get the rifle fixed. Too cold for much range time right now. Just want to get the safety fixed before the weather warms up.
Old 01-07-2017, 04:11 PM
crackedcornish
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwc1584 View Post
I have a problem with the safety on a Volquartzen TG200. I cannot engage the safety. The safety button will not go past halfway. Other than that, the trigger pull is great and there are no other issues with the trigger group.

I have sent an email to Volquartzen over a week ago, with no answer. I have called and left a message. No return call yet.

Has anyone had a problem with the TG2000 trigger group? Any ideas on fixing the safety issue?

I am not in a rush to get the rifle fixed. Too cold for much range time right now. Just want to get the safety fixed before the weather warms up.
is the hammer cocked when you try to engage the safety?
Old 01-07-2017, 04:12 PM
gwc1584

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2017, 04:31 PM
crackedcornish

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Yes

then it sounds like the safety has been rotated and the detent is in the notch for the sear clearance...the notch shown at the bottom of the safety in the pic below

if you're lucky, and have strong fingers, you may be able to rotate it back into position...

just pinch it between your thumb and index finger and see if you can turn it about 45 degrees....if you can, keep the safety centered in the trigger housing and just keep slowly turning it till you feel the detent fall into the notches that it's supposed to ride in..the one at the top in the pic

just be careful when you have the detent in between any of the notches, as you will be able to push the safety all the way out of the trigger housing at that point...if that happens then you will have to disassemble the whole thing in order to replace the detent, spring, and safety button

Old 01-08-2017, 12:21 PM
hoodatsaydat

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
trouble with safety

Haven't had trouble with a volquartzen safety, but have had trouble with their customer service. Terrible attitude(failure to reply promptly, won't take responsibility for issues with their products, ETC.)
Old 01-08-2017, 08:30 PM
gwc1584

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Finally had a chance to deal with the TG 2000 tonight. After pushing very hard on the safety button , the safety was able to be engaged. Much more force was needed but at last the safety works as it should.
Still have not heard from Volquartzen customer service. Good thing it was not a critical problem.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:42 PM
sparkyk

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
In the few times I have dealt with Volquartsen's CS I have had very good experiences with them. I would try them again.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:30 PM
gwc1584

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Still have not heard from Volquartzen Customerservice.

Old 01-10-2017, 10:40 PM
27 Beck

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Quote:
Still have not heard from Volquartzen Customerservice.

Thought you got your issue fixed
Old 01-11-2017, 03:53 PM
gwc1584

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The safety works now. Just never heard from Volquartzen. Good thing that it wasn't a serious problem.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:16 PM
robs9

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Customer service

I had to deal with them in the past.About two years ago. I had ordered some trigger parts and could not get the gun together. Talked to Scott multiple times on phone. Finally he said send the gun in. I did that. 3 days later the gun came back. Working like a sewing machine. Explanation was ordered or received wrong parts for my model. All done at no charge except the shipping to them.
Old 01-14-2017, 08:48 AM
JonasE

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi, good you "fixed it"! I have a tg2000 also. Never had a problem. And i have VERY good experience wit customer service. Bought a trigger upgrade kit, did not like it. Not crisp at all, like they suppose to be. Just emailed them and they sendt me a new one. And i did not have to send the old back. And they always answer fast om mail.