Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

M44 US replacement Aluminum Trigger Guard

22K views 118 replies 41 participants last post by  A square 10 
#1 ·
First off thanks to Jim and Mr. Ron Viets for making this happen . This is a quick review of his replacement aluminum trigger guard for my M44 US.
First off this is my M44 US, not sure of its origin, but I bought it from an old lady at a garage sale and it was in her closet. Might have been her husband's at one time, but it is in rough shape but shoots well.

Part of the concern was the variance allowed in the numerous rifles made by Mossberg over the years that used this type of trigger guard. Fortunately, I have two different stocks that use this type of trigger guard. The trigger guard was great. Fit and craftsmanship is top notch and fit both stocks perfectly.

Here's the trigger guard;

Here's the fit in both stocks;

The M44 US stock

Ron, Payment will be sent tomorrow. thanks

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
rcnpthfndr, jcwit,
Guys, thanks for the kind words. I know Ron appreciates them. He does do nice work, doesn't he?
For anyone else interested, Ron is now making 3 styles of triggerguard.
46B, US44, also for the Chuckster 22 magnum, (not sure of model # maybe 640? )
He can also make a guard to fit other models if a pattern piece is available.
I will try and get pictures of all 3 styles he is making and post them on here again.
Anyone interested can PM me through here or email me at
lorraine10@lmnetworks..net
The email I have listed on RFC is no longer in service.
Or just post on here and I will try and contact uou.
Thanks to all
Jim

#16 · (Edited)
edlman,
I remember you.
I listed the guards on a GB and a AA auction just as a test to see if there was interest.
Ron has since sold quite a few guards for various models, and has made enough of them to get a feel for how much he needs to sell them for and make a profit, while still having them be a reasonable price.
He is currently selling the guards for $ 35 each, which includes shipping.
If you are interested in another one, he would be happy to help you out. Just post here or email me or PM me through RFC, let me know what model # you have, and I will get you hooked up.
Thanks
Jim Ritchie

#17 ·
I really like the Mossberg triggerguards with the...

...fingergrooves...and I love my Remington 512...well, I had a trigger guard from the 183D laying around, so I modified a cardboard template to fit the radius of the 512's grip then painted it black and took a 'mock up' pic...what do you guys think? Should I send the template off to Ron and create a 'Remmossie'? or a 'Mossington'?

#20 ·
I received one from Ron for my 44US last week. Very nice work!:bthumb: Wonder if he would make stock butt plates? Probably should ask, right Jim?

#22 · (Edited)
I just talked to Ron about making butt plates. He doesn't have any Mossy's at the house right now. Said he will pick his up when he gets a chance and take a look at it, to see if it would be feasible for him to build butt plates for them. If so he will probably try and build one for his rifle and see how it comes out.
I will let you guys know what happens.
Jim

#26 ·
Rampart,
Looks sweet! Glad the project turned out nice.
Sure looks better than the last pic!
Thanks for posting pics of the powder coated guard.
Really looks original, but much better since it's not plastic.
I think you will be much happier with the powder coating, than the paint you originally spoke of!
I sent Ron a pic, I am sure he will be happy that you are happy!
Jim Ritchie

#28 ·
Rampart,
Looks sweet! Glad the project turned out nice.
Sure looks better than the last pic!
Thanks for posting pics of the powder coated guard.
Really looks original, but much better since it's not plastic.
I think you will be much happier with the powder coating, than the paint you originally spoke of!
I sent Ron a pic, I am sure he will be happy that you are happy!
Jim Ritchie
Hey! I like the plastic guards. :oops:

Rampart... that .410 looks great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.